License Plates Make me Crazy

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DancerAnnie, May 21, 2007.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

So, Michigan has a new set of license plates that everyone has to get now (unless you want to pay extra for some of the more "specialized" plates)...and something has really been driving me crazy...I mean, to the point where I almost want to rip my hair out.

It's going to sound very odd and I'm not exactly sure why it drives me crazy...but...all of the new plates start with the letter "B". My friend pointed it out to me and ever since then it has really bothered me...and I constantly look for it...and ALL of them, unless they are personalized start with the letter "B". When I see the ones that don't start with "B", it makes me feel better...but those are few and far between.

I've been going through some medical problems and I dont' know if this irritation stems from that or what...but it kind of freaks me out to be THIS crazy over something.

I'm weird...I think I'm losing my mind.

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I went through a period when I was...a little kid actually, where I noticed that most CA license plates started with a "3" (kinda similar to a B, hmm) and it drove me crazy at the time.

I feel your pain. [​IMG]

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

yeah, when they release license plates, they always go in alphabetical order, so Im guessin youll probably see alot that start with B

4. DancerAnnie

Yeah, but I've never seen any starting with the letter A...

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Michigan's New License Plate

[​IMG]

A new license plate design usually doesn’t mean much to anyone outside the affected state, but the 2007 Michigan plate taught us something. At the top of the plate on the left is a downtown skyline, presumably Detroit, that fades into an outline of forest trees. The background below then turns into a map of the great lakes around the state with the slogan “Spectacular Peninsulas.” That can’t be the state slogan, can it? We dug deeper and found that, indeed, the Michigan state motto is similar: “If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you." Huh.

The most recent design, done in 1997, says “Great Lakes Splendor.” But we fondly remember the old blue and white plates that just said “Great Lakes.” The basic blue plate can still be had, and the other versions, including the upcoming “Spectacular Peninsulas” plate, cost an extra $5.

Hotwater

6. DancerAnnie

That's one of the ones you have to pay for...those don't have a certain pattern, I checked.

The ones that don't cost anything are white with blue lettering.

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I guess they dont want to see any "ass" license plates then....

8. DancerAnnie

Maybe not, but I've seen a lot of BJS....what's worse?

9. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I hate it when I can't figure out a vanity plate. :confused: I'll spend the rest of the day dwelling on it.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

A tad off topic, but I think that it's completely ridiculous how some people put license plates with their names in some crappy design on the front of their cars here.

Only in America man.

11. hotwater

[​IMG]

But then we'd miss out on playing the old license plate game which
    was recently highlighted in the popular hollywood movie Jeepers Creepers
    (With lic plates such as BEATING U)

What else is there to do during long cross country road trips :H

Hotwater

12. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

when i was a kid NYS plates were an ugly orange and blue. that was it, the only choice you got. i mean, come on, it's a damn license plate.

i miss that.

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

hey, that vehicle is passing in a no passing zone!

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You do the obvious.

Play the stripping game.

Everytime someone sees a Bug or a Police Car (well, you can make the rules up really)... everyone else strips one article of clothing off.

Makes road trips truly enjoyable... unless the car is full of guys, then it's just a tad odd.

15. hotwater

The guy/thing has killed hundreds of people over the years ....personally I don't think he gives a shit :H

Hotwater

16. broony

broony Banned

If i remember correctly, I was told that the US needs new plates altoughter. We are almost out of numbers.

17. kitty fabulous

Here's a crazy idea: how about instead of more plates, we use less cars?

It's an insane thought, I know, especially since its so absolutely crucial that every American family have a minivan or SUV for every single member of driving age. You know, so they have more space for the stuff they buy when they drive to the mall.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that's just about what i was thinking: no cars = no licence plates.

little people size multiple unit trains the size of mini-vans that run on really narrow gauge/park train/mining tram tracks, going everwhere that streets, then able to be turned into park strips, use to be, and 'mall' parking lots, turned into japanese gardens!

you may say i'm a dreamer ...

(but the oil WILL run out, and getting rid of all that pavement, any pavement wider then a sidewalk or a bike trail, would majorly improve the microclimate)

=^^=
    .../\...

19. kitty fabulous

Or we could choose to just stop obsessing over how much junk we think we "need" in our own personal lives.

i'm not out to change the world. just to actively participate in my own.

20. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

what does having a car have to do with how much stuff we have? man, i'm sorry, but some of your assumptions about people are really bugging me today. you're seeming unfairly harsh and lacking in empathy.