Libertine - Guru of Hedonopia

Discussion in 'Gurus' started by Libertine, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Well, my philosophy says that religion is the realization of an invention of myths to cause dependency in oneself. And one needs to be weaned from such dogma in order to be free in mind.

2. sylvanlightning

sylvanlightning Prismatic Essence

Whispers of a dream...

3. Libertine

I love people without religion.

4. sylvanlightning

All philosophy comes the causal plane... the plane of the mind. The mind is a simple slave to formless spirit, it the best case scenario, at its worst it is a blind tyrant causing dependency on reason and logic silencing the intuition and the heart as well as the softer whisper of Self. Dogma, one hears this words so much... it reminds me of moldy books, it reminds me of stagnant energy, it reminds me of being a blind follower in what one has read or heard and not in what one has experienced. A fool has no such dogma, just this road that rises to meet the feet.

5. Libertine

"slave to formless spirit"-- ? Explain.

The heart is an organ that pumps blood, it has no intuition--that would come from your mind (soul=psuche=psyche=mind).

Experiences are due to perception. Perception comes from the mind.

Now, we can talk this "spirit" talk all day long, but so far I see no evidence to even consider such a foreign concept.

Although, I am open to any that you may have.

6. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

as do i...they are the ones, as you have stated at the beginning of this thread, who have found their own answers...its not their fault people after them have decided to heed their words as a crutch instead of finding their answers on their own...
    however, i do feel though, that each spirit leader has things that we can learn from and help to integrate, sometimes they put into words the things we havent been able to identify yet.
    again though, all the spirit leaders, ones from the spirit do not teach anything but love. there are people out there preaching falsehoods....
    we dont need to have anyone tell us anything, we do have the answers within, some people though havent yet realized they have the keys....
    and they are weaker in that they wont find the answers themselves but i honor their desire to do the best they are able to in their capacity at that moment.

and with that, i back from the conversation because we have two different view points and debate does nothing but gives each person the opportunity to hear their own voice

7. Libertine

I don't see where we disagree too much. But, I think what you call "spirit", I call "mind". I see the "soul" as being the mind (psuche=psyche) and the "spirit" as nothing more than energy.

But, philosophically I don't see much of a disagreement.

8. sylvanlightning

Right, show me this spirit you keep talking about.... how like the tao.
    Sure the heart is an organ, yet it is still energy; matter is an illusion,
    there is much more empty space w/in an atom than anything else
    and even the nucleus pops in and out of detection, sometimes wave
    sometimes particle. Observe a simple water crystal and you will see
    how responsive it is to its vibratory environment.

Each organ also maps onto an astral color, an emotion, a sound....
    there are older cultures than this western scientific culture, we are a baby.
    Look to the Chinese or Indian views on these matters for experience.

Awareness does not come from the mind, when one trys to determine
    where consciousness lives one can search each and every cell of the brain
    and not find it. Study the body my friend, for this is the key to the universe.

You would have gotten on well with plato and socrates.

Intuition comes from a gut reaction in the stomach. Study the concept of body memory. Study how dreams are filled with images from the body, that one has not made conscious.

Your saying prove it to me, how does this encourage any dialogue. Its a one sided discussion. You can only prove it to yourself via. life experiences you open to. Physician heal thyself and to thine ownself be true. Yet what of the value of others, should we withdraw to the cave to isolate ourselves, can we listen to see how these words from the other feel?

9. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

ok, i lie, i will not back away cause now i am intrigued....

But, I think what you call "spirit", I call "mind". I see the "soul" as being the mind (psuche=psyche) and the "spirit" as nothing more than energy.

i dont call the spirit mind...my mind fucks with me...it twists...and complicates...i have found, for me things that come from the mind are not always to be heeded to...perhaps when discussing other leaders as spirit i do mean mind though...but many times we have to open the minds to increase the energy....i think they are interconnected....(but being at work right now, i cant give my response its all and im twisting myself;))

i do see spirit as energy....but what does that mean to you? is the mind or the energy the driving force behind you? behind life?

10. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

You would have gotten on well with plato and socrates.

i love those feckers......
    i wanted to give you reputation for that reply sylvan but it appears to be gone....what an excellent answer....i havent been able to listen to my body at all...i am too stuck in my mind, and have a hard time getting out of it...cause when i am in there, like plato and socrates, i have a hard time finding truth, because everything contradicts itself!!!

11. sylvanlightning

Personal truth is so subjective.... and I think these sharings are best done around a campfire with a bowl and some liquid spirits ;)

12. Libertine

Yes, I think energy is the "force behind it all". I see no other reason to think differently.

13. Libertine

You are correct, indeed, my friend. 100% correct.

14. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

what is the force behind it all though? what do you mean

15. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i love campfire discussions! esp when they have substances to quiet the ego and drop inhibitions....yeah for bowls and spirits....

16. Libertine

Energy is the force. Energy just IS.

Energy/Matter cannot be created or destroyed, but can only change form. I see no "purpose" behind it other than what we create ourselves. However, I do believe in truths and I believe that much of religion and spirituality rely on outside, foreign concepts in order to answer questions that have yet to be answered.

17. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

where does love come in it all? or does it?
    and why are we here? can we increase this energy?
    sheesh i wanna know what you are thinking and feeling...

18. sylvanlightning

We are living messengers and should not squanders this precious life investing in others, especially disincarnate entities, spiritual bank accounts.

19. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

huh?

20. Libertine

Love is an expression, it is subjective not an objective entity.

Why not?

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can only change form. The "increase" is only an illusion because everything is energy.