libertarians posing as fredom fighters, progressives,leftists...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Red Fox VII, Sep 25, 2013.

1. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

's

I'm not covering anything up, as a matter of fact, I've answered this exact criticism of yours, a couple of times already.

what I remember saying is that, I don't believe in indiscriminately taxing the rich, as some type of "punishment," for the morally reprehensible things SOME corporations do.

This is because industries directly involved with government, profit from increased government laws, war or, so-called 'Humanitarian" spending. It is those rich people who truly deserved to be punished. But, raising taxes is simply pointless, due to the fact, that we are overspending like crazy. If the government would cut back on military and pointless spending, there would be a lot more money to go around.

Moreover, you Leftists act as though they're not taking a lot of taxes, but, as I said last time, that simply isn't true. First, we lose 20% out of our paycheck, then, there's flat sales tax on everything we buy. (Even second hand items.) If you smoke or drink alcohol, you have to pay a special "Sin Tax." If US citizen decides to leave the country, it is soley up to the IRS, how much you owe them in taxes.

and they use those taxes to wage wars and pass laws which benefit the corporations.I don't think government or corporations should be above the law like they are today, and, that's what Leftists don't realize; The wars, government programs, the War on drugs and, any type of (so-called) "Humanitarian" spending, is actually government using it's power to empower and enrich, themselves and, their corporate buddies, in the Military-industrial Complex, and the Prison-Industrial Complex.

I know you will try to accuse me of evading, however, I believe that initiating force is historically and morally wrong, and that mankind is on the verge of advancement, where we will realize that we don't have to institute force on peaceful people, in order to live peacefully.

I don't think corporations should be able to use force either, and, the only way they do it today, is through government. They can't FORCE you to buy their product for life, they can't ship you overseas to get shot occupying foreign land and they certainly can't force you to pay money, that you relly don't owe; However, this is all stuff the government does to us constantly, and no one bats an eye.

That's not to say that corporations aren't corrupt, because I know they can be. But, corporations couldn't do anything truly bad, in a society against bribery, fraud and, government corrupt. all of which, has become the norm in today's america.

2. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Guilt by association does not prove anything. If libertarians are alledgedly Republican party and conservative shills, you still have to argue why conservatives and Republicans have a comparative disadvantage relative to Dem party welfare liberals.

Imbuing labels with a priori negative connotation and guilt by association do not substitute for sound arguments and scholarship.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd like to start a lemonade stand. Anyone have an extra 7 grand to help?

4. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Ron Paul talks about all this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxTXPemkgQ"]Full Show 8/19/13: Ron Paul special guest in Conversations with Great Minds - YouTube

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

LIAR

But please prove me wrong and prove you are not a liar by producing the evidence that you have addressed these criticisms in anything like a rational or reasonable way.

You NEVER have been able to produce such evidence in the past and that is way I call you a liar and a serial liar at that because you repeatedly lie by claiming things that you in fact have not done.

In general terms I agree (although what do you mean by “pointless spending”) but where would that money go – my criticism of your ideas is that they would seemingly leave wealth dominant and would most likely give it even more power and influence – criticisms have never seriously addressed.

But you ideas would seem to want to make that bad situation worse by leaving wealth dominant or in a great position to control the system.

It seems to me that your constant evasion of the main criticisms of your ideas (to the point of repeatedly lying) makes me think that all this bluster, all the rants and raves, all the constant attacks on corporations and the 1% is really so much hot air, a smoke screen, a misdirection, to try and convince people you are on the side of the ‘little guy’ when you know all along that you are in fact on the side of wealth.

I’m sure you will reply with another rant saying I’m wrong and how much you dislike the corporations etc (or you won’t reply at all) but I’m sure you will still not address the central criticisms in any rational way.

6. Red Fox VII

Red Fox VII Member

STP tells me I am afraid of other people and am hiding behind government.

So what? Other people have been the cause of 99.999999% of the problems in history. It's never "government" that is the culprit, as not all "government" is the same, and it's a variable, but the corrupt people running government, always it's the individual who perpetuates crime.

Giving excessive wealth to the individual is giving too much power to them, and I fully believe that too much power corrupts.

7. Red Fox VII

Red Fox VII Member

I don't hate humans, I love them, which is why I hate to see them corrupted by power. No one deserves to have too much power or wealth.

8. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, I would like to see the US: Export-Import Bank closed out.

Government does not need to be competing with private industry.

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd like to see the elites stop exporting oil while we pay 4 bucks a gallon for it.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Libertarians posing as leftists? How dare they!

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Red Fox..... Why did you bring this thread back to say that?

12. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Liberty and Democracy go well together as long as the multi-party system has it's distinct structure for each party in the flow of every average simple man's hypocrisy. Take it Liberals have the family faith in spite of being ruded by the religious belonging. Conservatives have the shame and emotion for conscience. People are voted for too, but their belonging to a cultural means for communication is badly itself misinforming about their comparative hypocrisy, like a comparative religion to each individual's form to be worked out.

Libertarians in such posing must further prove it, that is their politisation. Libertarians should not be emotional in doing so as conservatives justifiably are.