LGBT attacks in the UK on the rise.

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by autophobe2e, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah its not really making shit better

wilsjane likes this.
  2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh hey, you make a valid point. I often question where and how information is obtained, and we should do that. That's such a bogus computerization system, and I'm sure that's a common issue that's seen in a lot of places all over the world. I hate it, it's useless, yet we are forced to feed into it, because there's no other option.

wilsjane likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Glad that you don't think that I am paranoid. LOL
    Data can be bent and twisted any way.. Back when she was at college, Christina did some market research to help pay her bar bills. One project should hold the world record for corruption.
    She had to interview 500 regular business travelers and ask them, "would you be more likely to stay at a hotel that offered you Air Miles". Very simple!!!! Just a yes/no answer and nowhere for her to add comments.
    18% ticked the 'yes" box. Air miles were delighted and marketed the results to hotels all over the UK.
    Now the truth!!!!!!.
    Air miles are given to the traveler, NOT the company paying the bill, so no doubt the 18% would be very happy.
    However, many large companies had rumbled the whole scam and regarded the air miles included on their bill and given to the employee as fraud.
    More than 25% of the people interviewed told her that staying at a hotel offering them was a dissmissible offence.
    She had no possible way of including these findings in her report.
    What is so worrying, is that pharmaceutical companies use similar corrupt methods to market drugs to hospitals and doctors.No air miles here though!! A 21 day Caribbean holiday for 2.!!! Just for ordering a synthetic TAVI heart valve that looked like the valve on a cycle Tyre. Bill to the hospital.!! £17,000. EACH... Perhaps I should have completed my studies as a cardiothoracic surgeon. LOL.

Eric! likes this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm not gay or bi, so I don't really feel like I have a whole lot of room to be making a stink in this thread. But, I think I can see where Autophobe's point is headed. Their have been more crimes against LGBT people in the UK of late. That's that, isn't it? I can also see where VG's curiosity has the best of him as to who belongs to the statistics. And Wilsjane's comment that the statistics may be fabricated to some degree also makes a little bit of sense, though the one about two guys in a bar perhaps isn't the best example because I think in that instance there may have been motives, but we'll assume there weren't for arguments sake (after all it's a hypothetical example). :)

I think it's horrific that it's happening at all; especially in the UK where you would think everything would be okay. I just read something earlier this week that ranks the UK (i forget the exact words) #2 of something in the world. The United States ranks somewhere around #8. My point is they clearly have their shit together to some degree, and it's sad that there isn't better treatment for the LGBTQ population.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Have a look down my comments and replies and it will make a bit more sense.
    Our daughter has worked in Central London for the last 2 years and has not come across a single attack of a sexual alternative nature. Most fighting in the UK is alcohol related and happens on Friday and Saturday nights around city center bars. Assaults tend to be mostly drug related.
    Keep away from the youngsters drink binge bars and drug dealers when you visit the UK and you will be fine. LOL

GLENGLEN likes this.
  6. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

No, you don't.

Oh, if only the world were filled with white males then all our problems would be over.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Violent crime rising, police figures suggest

Crime is up all around in England and Wales it would seem. But this from police data, not from some internet marketing firm................

For those that thought yougov was part of the UK government:

8. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Nadhim Zahawi good old British name :tonguewink:

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Wow, google is a wonderful thing:

Presidents Club: Theresa May rebukes minister for attending debauched dinner where hostesses 'groped'

So this guy is families and kids minister, and CEO of yougov

morrow likes this.
  10. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Crime tends to go up when the economy tanks. Real wages are still falling year on year.