lettuce

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by babovic_sonja, May 30, 2004.

1. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

:eek: I'm kinda embarassed to ask this, but, errrr, I'm looking for the name of a type of lettuce I'm in love with...

OK... the only time I've ever seen it is on a vegetarian salad at Friday's... I'm guessing that it's lettuce because it has a similar sort of texture... except the "leaves" are packed together really closely, and it's completely white, not a trace of green in it...

Oh yeah, and it's really tasty, it has a kind of really nice, sour taste... I'm sure it wasn't because of the dressing, because it tasted much more sour than any of the other things in the salad...

I've looked over the Internet, but couldn't find any that matched this description (mostly because they're all green)... do any of you experienced vegheads know what I'm talking about? :D I'm looking for the exact name, so I might be able to negotiate with the people at a supermarket here to include it in their fresh produce section... thanks for all the help! :)

2. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Could be Chinese Leaf? Isn't technically a lettuce, but is often referred to as 'Chinese Lettuce'. Taste and texture is very similar.

3. Geth

Geth Member

They might be ondive or something like that. Im not sure about the spelling. Maybe next time you go to fridays you should ask.

4. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

So it's not iceberg lettuce, right?

5. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

It's not iceberg letttuce... at least not the kind I get here in the supermarket...

Thanks anyway guys! :)