Letter of an iraqi woman to americans.

Discussion in 'Activism' started by arminius33, Jun 8, 2010.

1. tgmarcus

tgmarcus Banned

2. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

i wonder if the original letter is not a hoax, it's sure been spread around the net, even saw it in the national vanguard forum

'jews start wars that white men fight'

[anything to further the cause of stupidity]

ah, who cares, saddam was a bitch, bush was a bitch, the person who says "we are going to take you down with us" is a bitch too . . .

3. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

4. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

Then again she is kind right on with the ego thing. Haha.

"No Future - You have no future, because inside of yourselves, your future is
    limited to your own little egos. Little egos have no future. Little egos are
    amoebas, parasites, feeding off others...You think you have a vision but
    your vision is only about your stomach, your pockets and what you have in
    between your legs...That is it.
    This is where it stops. Surely this does not make you seers...
    What have you contributed to the world ? Anything of real substance?
    Nothing. Apart from brutal might and power... and your sickening culture
    that is as hollow and as empty as you are."

She doesn't fully grasp that her anger is her own little ego. I'm at least glad she hides in her disgust rather than try to fuck over more of our soldiers doing their job and duty. I suppose she would have a first hand account of what was and what has become of her country but at least from what I learned we have provided a new oppurtunity, regardless of whether or not we should have provided that in the first place. I and most would agree that we shouldn't have. But look at their people, and their huge egos that prevent them from even showing compassion for other people in Islam, and prevent them from making use of the peaceful opportunity given to them.

5. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Have your house bombed in the night and your innocent children murdered for being of a certain ethnicity. All in the name of greed and power. Why do you make claims about her education? What does education have to do with expression of the soul when one's life has been drastically altered by war? You seem awfully quick to claim her stupidity on the issue, what more experience do you bring to the issue than having read about it or seen it on television? Did you live through it? Was your country bombed and destroyed because of it? Perhaps when you are responding to hate, try to see it through the eyes of the hater, not the hated.

This part of the letter was bang on.

"You have no future, because inside of yourselves, your future is
    limited to your own little egos. Little egos have no future. Little egos are
    amoebas, parasites, feeding off others...You think you have a vision but
    your vision is only about your stomach, your pockets and what you have in
    between your legs...That is it."

6. wa bluska wica

the iraq/iran war was approximately as bad as 'desert-whatever', would the letter-writer consider it acceptable to be the object of personal hatred by iranians?

7. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

8. lunarverse

I see your judgmental assement...uh, I mean point. You're right, this letter is written from anger, so assess it with regards to the language of the soul and not the language of scholars or worldly affairs. You wouldn't respond to, "I love you," by giving the weather report would you?

I could say the same. You are the rest of mankind. You don't seem to know this.

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"hippie activist point" Stopped right there.

10. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

11. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

Just goes to show people would rather look at things from a perspective they have predetermined to their self, than to look at something for what it actually is. Want to not seem like another self associated hippie? Write your own letter to Americans and how involved you think ALL OF US are with being unjust to Iraqis. Try to include actual historical evidence that I can stop and think about that will make me think ALL Americans are empty pieces of shit. Which is her point that you are defending.

12. lunarverse

Perspective is everything. I never expressed the desire to appear any certain way. It's you who has created an image of me. "hippie activist", "self associated hippie." I have no image to defend.

It's not in my nature to make anyone feel like, or appear to be, a piece of shit.

Again, I'm not sure how you seem to know what I identify as. I can't ever remember stating my image at the start of this conversation. It seems this image you have of me was fabricated by your own angst, or desire to be right. And you speak of strong egos.

No, the point was to show that anger is better faced with compassion than political status.

Human emotion needn't always be justified. Have you ever smiled at a funeral? Levity is often bold and callous.

You fail to see the reason behind the letter.

Unrelated how?

Expression isn't about appearance, it's about releasing what's inside to provide levity for the soul.

A discussion I'd like to be a part of if you can withhold the perceived character assessments. Otherwise it can be a discussion you have with yourself.

13. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

I recognize that you are in majority correct on this. You're right this isn't a political discussion as much as it is about the human heart. So then I still don't excuse hating all of one people. To me she is also discrediting anything good that has come out of this. That seems acceptable considering her people are the ones who are failing to give a social reconstruction a chance. So we definitely shouldn't have gone into a land where the people are grounded in their own mindsets, however violent towards one another it has proven to be. As we can see no one really wants to be part of a new system.

and she is wrong that we provide A LOT of food to the rest of the world.

Still she doesn't live in America, and have a sense of this kind of freedom, although correctly determined materialistic. I was speaking from the point that she was hates all of us, and that's what she was trying to get across, that is obviously wrong. But when we poke our noses in others history as she said, that is obviously a wrong STEP.

She has the right.

14. lunarverse

No, not all Americans are bad people who support what was done to her country. She may know this, and I'm sure she fully meant to leave out politically correct formalities such as, "I know not all of you...."

Have you ever told someone you hated them? Did you mean it? In the heat of the moment you may have left out, "right now." ("I hate you right now")

When the first Americans stole the country from the indians, I doubt they said, "We're taking this land...for now."

This part of your post is exactly what she is speaking about in parts of her letter, as well as a point other countries have addressed. The United States' idea that its way is great and free. It's a good way that other countries could prosper from if only they adopted it as their way. The fact of the matter is that not every country can or should work that way. Sure, their way was flawed, but so is ours. But we worked things out for ourselves with war, theft, and tyranny...we should let them do the same. It's Americans who have to wake up and realise that their way is just as fucked up. It just has a nicer looking package. America is also run by criminals, they just don't flaunt it as much (depending on who you ask this may not be true.)

I'm sorry if this comes as a shock to you, but you are not free. Not by a long shot. You simply have a longer leash than people in other countries.

Not it's not right to hate all people because some support the destruction of her country, but given the truth about the whole American effort over there, I'm unsure of how willing I'd be to bite my tongue and make sure I don't generalize about which westerners I do and do not hate.

P.S- The political systems over there have very little to do with what's really going on. Money is at the bottom of this. Another shocker, I know.

15. laedi

laedi Member

Her anger is justifiable. I would be pissed, too. Hell, I AM pissed and it wasn't my world that was destroyed. I'm utterly ashamed of our oil hungry, corporate greed-war mongering, fox news loving country.

We deserve every harsh word she said.. and more

16. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

I guess we're not free are we. I am...was short minded in saying that. What is freedom anyways? I am personally far from free, and you're even talking freedom on a large scale. I mean and then they start talking about culture, history, religions, beliefs, and Social behavior. How can any of us be free?

Sorry I just can't talk about freedom as a political thing, or in such drastic measures.

But I do know that I was raised in the environment of an open mind facilitated by a blending of ethnicity and backgrounds that is A characteristic of many liberal countries. Problem is that people with influence and affluence take freedom as their own large segment in America, and sell an illusion here AND overseas. A large segment of citizens challenge that or just LIVE alternative, because they can.

Now who has that paintbrush? I got some painting to do myself.

17. wa bluska wica

ah, some of us live in trailer parks

that shit happens all the time