Let's talk.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DrRainbow, Jun 6, 2020.

1. fitzgarabaldi

fitzgarabaldi jolly swagman

postive thinkin people generate positive lifestyles and opportunities - negative thinkers don't ergo

2. fitzgarabaldi

the first christian "churches" were politicized and romanized and catholicized - been having problems ever since and now we have a mad queen who thinks she's head of the UK church - how bizzare - she's not even in charge of her own wheelchair!!

3. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Oiy you. She went to a horse show yesterday.

4. Candy Gal

5. sureño

sureño Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Haha...I can only make up sexy stories by writing in my own language.
    But I can tell you a true story about superstitions (Yes, I'm still in Friday 13 mode)
    When I was still very young, I had a girlfriend named Adela. We loved each other
    and planned to get married. So we decided to take the relationship to a next step.
    The new year was approaching so we thought it would be a good occasion to gather our families to get they to know each other and announce our commitment.
    The meeting was at my house, at the New Year's dinner. As we were all about to eat, my then mother-in-law noticed that there were 13 of us at the table. She freaked out. She said that if we went ahead with dinner it would be a disgrace.
    My parents who were not even religious, let alone being superticious, thought she was joking. But they quickly noticed that she was serious about it, as she took her wallet and was about to leave. It was then that my mother, trying to save the situation in some way, gave something to eat to my grandmother who was in poor condition at her 87,taking advantage of the fact that she was somewhat lost and quickly took her to bed. So she prevented my mother-in-law from leaving and saved the party.

It reminds me of an American film that Netflix frequently shows.
    In English I think it's called "The Fockers." I'm referring to the movie with Robert de Niro and Dustin Hoffman. The meeting of parents. Where the parents are very different from each other.
    So you can see... even people from the same country, with the same culture, can be totally different.

Candy Gal likes this.
  6. Candy Gal

Oh, thank you very much for that story. xxx

YES, Perfect English for that film.

sureño likes this.
  7. sureño

sureño Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Siiiiii, exactly. That's the movie I was referring to. Thanks for showing it. I think Mr Putin should see it. Maybe he realises that even coming from the same culture ukrainians want something else for them.

Candy Gal likes this.
  8. Candy Gal

Today my neighbour collected an old man of 80 yrs of age, with Parkinson's, and hid 60yr old daughter, who is his carer.
    They are Ukrain refugees, so very that all they have is two suitcases. I was chatting with them, I spent a few hours crying.

themnax, Todd56 and sureño like this.
  9. fitzgarabaldi

they say that random thoughts are not really random thoughts but that all thoughts are really connected and interconnected ?? - just a thought?

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a sufficiently complex network of interconnections, is indistinguishable, at least superficially, from randomness.

also, weird things happen all the time. friday the 13ths happen at least a couple of times every year. that some of them happen the same day as odd things, is therefor nothing at all surprising.

weird things happen on tuesday the 2nds too. and when people on boats consume alcohol. or feed birds.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  11. fitzgarabaldi

well if you can believe as some do that we are in fact surrounding by other entities some we may know others strangers and strange things that come out of spaceships then it is in fact quite remarkable that sometimes we just sit there feeling bored because our lives are just nothing but boring and nothing seems to be happening to us at all. In which case if this is you maybe you need to reconnect with other worlds by mixing more and joining groups you may find by browsing your other pages or on library notice boards etc etc - sometimes they take a bit of searching out but just avoid the more negative ones heh they are usually confused and malfunctioning/malfecant etc - stay positive at all times

12. Candy Gal

Ok I have been away for a week traveling.
    What have any of you been doing?

13. Handsinpants

Handsinpants Senior Member

Well, I have been traveling from home to my work ....and after 8 hours of working.....the same way back for 5 days a week :)

Candy Gal likes this.
  14. Candy Gal

The new job is good?
    I need to know these things. xxxx

15. fitzgarabaldi

runnin a busy 8 acre homestead?

Candy Gal likes this.
  16. Candy Gal

17. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

mrs Windsor and Charles the turd !!!

18. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

upload_2022-5-23_14-26-50.png

Candy Gal likes this.
  19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I was 21 and fast-pitching a softball game in a city league during the summer. That night ,I pitched 18 innings --the whole game! We won the game ,but my arm felt about a foot longer than usual afterwards!!:confused:

Candy Gal likes this.
  20. Candy Gal

Oh my. Well done xxx

scratcho likes this.