Let's talk hockey...

Discussion in 'Sports TV' started by youngnpassion, Oct 30, 2013.

1. rockindb

rockindb Guest

it was a shock but something needed to be done to reamp and stay competative. But its also hard losing an possilble icon for the team too.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

One thing that was hurting was not the bad team speed...but the complete lack of any type of speed from the part of the lineup where you need it most. Seeng ians stolen bases made it much easier ta except the loss of one of my favorite players on the team.

3. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I love Prince Fielder. He's just a big old teddy bear that I want to hug. I've never gotten used to seeing him in anything but a Brewers uniform though. I have a friend that grew up with Ian Kinsler in Tucson. He has gone to Texas to see him play quite a few times and went to his wedding. I was talking to him about it last week when the rumors started flying. I hope that the trade will work out best for both teams. They both seem to be good guys and have their own strengths that they can bring to their new teams.

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

It only seemed natural to see fielder in a tigers uniform. Im honestly surprised i didnt call Prince by his dads name once while we had him.

5. RubySoho6

Good ol' Cecil. I could see doing that. He made his name as a Tiger. It would only make sense to make that connection. For me Prince will always look normal in a Brewers uniform though.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

anyone have any thoughts on the orpik thorton situation? as a pens fan you would think i would be crying that thorton should be suspended for the rest of the season. really it didnt look that dangerous to me, i mean punching someone who is not looking then punching him while on the ground while not protecting himself deserves a harsh suspension and fine, but it dosnt bother me as much as some of the stuff i have seen the flyers do that ended in lesser injuries. there was just bad blood from some unfortunate incidents in the past during that game in question.

7. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Devils 4
    Rangers 3

Love it! oT - win

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Thornton was only protecting his teammates after earlier in the game when Orpik nailed Eriksson taking him out of the game, and after Neal deliberately kneed Marchand in the head.

Someone had to send a message :2thumbsup:

Also, if that pussy Orpik had fought Thornton when he had the chance rather than hide behind the referee, the situation could have been defused well before thornton went postal.

Hockey, the only sport which allows you to get revenge against your opponent [​IMG]

Hotwater

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Orpiks hit was a clean one. And he shouldnt have to fight if he didnt want. If thorton was half a man he would have dropped his gloves in front of orpik to start the fight and not slew foot him.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

As a long time bruins fan I believe the referees should have called interference on the orpik hit but instead ignored it and let the game got out of control.

Hotwater

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

just giving a penguins are in first place in the conference bump to the thread.

12. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

13. Abra Cadaver

Abra Cadaver Member

Nice smackdown my Pens gave the Flames last night. :D
    CBC had a great pair of interviews with Marc-Andre Fleury and Sidney Crosby after too.

Kinda worried they dont have a game till Thursday... might be bad having all that time off.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

you think having a few days off is bad...how about 2 and a half weeks off in February

15. Abra Cadaver

Abra Cadaver Member

Well ya but then at least everyone is gonna suck :p

16. Abra Cadaver

Abra Cadaver Member

Pens give it to the Crapitals last night with a great intense game. Prolly one of my faves overall this season so far.

Also check out the SMACKDOWN that Vancouver got last night. 9-1 final for the DUCKS?!! Ouch... sorry Nuck fans.

17. RubySoho6

I went to an Iowa Wild game last night. I know it's not NHL. There were a lot of new players last night. I'm guessing some of the other players got called up to Minnesota. It's like they had something to prove last night. It was a very aggressive game. A lot of fun to watch. They lost in overtime. :(

18. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I'm being given Avs tickets for Feb 1st! :party:

19. RubySoho6

Yay! Have fun! I love hockey. I'm not good at following all the pro teams and players but I love going to games now that I understand most of the rules.

20. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Thanks! It'll be my first time going to an NHL game, but I've been to a bunch of Colorado Eagles games. The minor leagues are more fun to watch, imo. More fights