Lets just all introduce ourselves

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by mrs_eads80, May 17, 2004.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I'm Kirsten/Sunburst, 15 years old. Obviously, you're prolly freaked out a bit, but no, I don't have any human babies (a kitty, doggy, and gecko right now). But I love hanging out here and gathering ideas for how I want to raise my children.

I want to have a natural birth with a midwife, either in my home or outside in nature, NOT in a hospital unless it is absolutely neccessary. I want to teach my kids about nature, life, and God. I'de two or three kids (preferably 2 so one doesn't get left out all the time), and name them Summer-Raen/Sunn, and Ryver-Raen. I'll raise them on maybe an hour or two of TV every day, because unlike me, not all kids will decide for themsleve's that they watch too much TV, so I'll let them watch a movie or something if I'm really tired:p
    And, I'm gonna encourage creativity and kindness as much as I can. We can paint, canoe, camp, oh so many possibilities!:p

2. NiNo601

NiNo601 Member

Hi, I'm Krista. I am 19 years old (and def. not a mom yet) I Live in NY and absolutely hate it. I am training to be a massage thereapist and then plan to move down south in sunny south florida. Im so excited to get to know everyone on here so that I can make connections around the world.

3. mrs_eads80

mrs_eads80 Member

I was born and raised in FL. till two years ago, anyway. and 17 of thos 22 years my family never had any A.C. My advice when moving to FL, make sure you have A.C. If it is not already in the place you live, then your first big investment should be to get a good Wall Unit. A.C in your car is not a must, but I would sure think about that too. Try drving to work in 110 degree weather, by the time you get there, you don't look (or maybe even smell) all that nice any more. But winters are so easy, I don't think I have ever owned a coat in my life. (Even now I don't own one)

The only thing great about living in FL (yes the sun, beaches, and those wonderfully clear,cool springs are very nice) Once you do get use to the heat, when you travel north, or move north, the summers are so easy to handle. I live in Mid-Missouri, and I think it's only really hot here like 3 weeks out of the whole year (I am the kind of person, who would rather be cold than hot)

But I sure do miss the springs. I have a hard time swimming in dark water. I got use to seeing strait to the bottom of a spring your whole life. Then people expect me here to dive in dark waters where you can't see what you might be landing or stepping on.

Just thought I would put in my 2 cents *smile*

4. CrAzYStaRR

CrAzYStaRR Member

Im Charlene, I'm 21 , I have a 2 year old daughter who's name is Starr.

Im a stay at home mom.

5. greenfiddler

greenfiddler Member

Hi I'm Greenfiddler and I'm 21, and I have a little boy named Danny who is 6 weeks old and absolutely beautiful and smart and HUGE! We live with my husband (also named Danny) on a farm in Vermont and I am a stay at home mom and plan to be for a long time :)

6. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Hi, I'm Dakota's Mom. I'm also mom to Rob, Eric, Terry, Angela, and Ben. And grandmom or Gamma to Leoti, Wemilo, Damien, Kennedy, and Robert. Dakota is 22 1/2 months old. We adopted him from Guatemala when he was 5 1/2 months old. I hve been married to my dh for 6 1/2 years. I too like to sew, but don't have much time with this very active toddler in the house.

Kathi

7. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

HI, I'm Tara, a stepmom to two boys. One 15, (yikes!) Keith and one 12 1/2, Shane. Is part of the main reason to visit these forum, because I can comunicate with others their age and try, try, try to relate.

8. tom

tom Member

I'm Tom, 24 and have a little guy named Levi who's about to turn two. Although he's only with me one week out of the month, he is my life. His ma and I aren't together, however we're still great friends and we're doing our best to raise him right.

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Hey , Tom. It's great that you and your son's mother can get along so well. So many children are caught up in their parents' drama, it's nice when you hear that people actually think of their kids over their pettiness.

10. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Hi Im Sonia, and mother to Gaea Nirvana. Its wonderful to meet you all!

I live in AZ, and I am a stay at home Mom. Gaea is 8 months, and growing at the speed of light.

11. 7river

7river on a distinguished path

what a great thread!! i think we should ask the moderator to make it sticky...what do you think?

my name is ron and i'm a single parent/gaurdian of my niece and nephew.
    amanda (14) and zack (11). this is my fourth year so i'm starting to get used to it:)

pleased to meet you all:)

hey tom! nice to see another single dad:)

12. starlet

starlet Member

hi all,

im amy and i live in new zealand with my 23 month old son joshua.

13. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Well, that was a great read, everyone here is sooo mellow, which is something I definitely need to plug into with my hectic family.

I am Becca, or Bee, can't even figure out my own name :) , and I have a year old girl and a four year old boy. I've posted new pictures in the pictures forum. I also have a husband who is so stinkin awesome and so stinkin well stinky at the same time. We try to make it work every day, heads still above water.

Nice to meet you all
    As ever
    Be

14. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

my name is marie. i have a 2 year old names arianna. she is my pride and joy. i used to stay at home and work in the evenings so she was always w/ a parent. but her dad and i recently seperated, been 4 months. i dont see hope for us getting back together. i am trying to learn balance of working full time being mommy full time, having time for me, and being able to take care of my house too. i have the balance pretty ok, i think, and its mostly cause of my angel.

15. Terelda

Terelda Member

My name is Terri and I'm a mama to Leah who is 13 months old. We hail from Ontario, Canada. We are far from hippies yet I live very naturally so I feel at home with you all... :)

16. tree

tree Member

Hey all!

i am mama to Sequoia Lennon, a 28 month little boy. My husband and i both work at home, he's a full time glass blower and i'm a beadweaver, dollmaker and seamstress and run the website below. i also do some glasswork. :)
    We live on 12 acres of pure heaven in the Blue ridge mountains. We co-sleep, breastfed till my son was almost 2, cloth diaper and are vegetarian.
    We have a huge garden that Sequoia helped to plant, he is already an earth child. He loves planting seeds and watering my flowers, and eating fruits and vegetables straight out of the garden. i take him hiking almost everyday, and together we learn the names of wildflowers, and trees and birds that we come across.
    He is an incredble smart, curious and well tempered child. He's always been a very passsive laid back kid that absorbs everything like a sponge.
    His favorite books are Barbapapa's Ark (my fav. book when i was a kid) and John Lennon's imagine. :) His favorite album is the Beatles Sgt. Pepper.
    Children are truly miracles.
    in love and light,
    ~tree

17. rainbow

rainbow Member

howdee!

i've been visiting the parenting forum for ages bc i'm a ft nanny. we (my hubby and i) are from nj, and are rainbows.

i will have my VERY own little bundle of joy, in december~~~IT'S SO EXCITING!!

this forum is great! everyone has so much beautiful wisdom!! thank you all for the entertaining, and informative posts. I'm looking foward to chiming inabout my very own come december. :)
    i was previosly known on hip forums as barefootrainbow........

18. DecemberSun

DecemberSun Member

First of all, I have to say high to Sonia! :)

I'm Leah, 24, a SAHM from Arizona. I've been married to Rudi (27) for 4 years. We have a 17 month old son, Zachary (my December Sun), and two foster daughters: Crystal (7 years) and Julianna (15 months). We're very busy! I'm still breastfeeding Zachary, and we co-sleep with him. We use cloth diapers, gentle discipline, and all that good stuff. We try to live simply and naturally. I love being a mother. It is such an extraordinary gift.
    Peace, Leah

19. Brighid

Brighid Member

HI! I'm Brighid, from Jamaica (The country, not Queens, LOL!) I live in Miami for the moment, but I am going home next year for good, I hope. I have a few kids, Candice, 21, Brandon, 19, Brian, 14, Maya, 12, Daniel, 9, Clarissa, 8, and last but not least, Septimio, 4. I am Nanna to Jasmine, age 2. My DH is the daddy of my youngest, he's from Panama. I am a direct entry midwife, labour support doula, and childbirth educator, so any pregnant mamas with questions, I'll be happy to answer.

20. WeedChica

WeedChica Member

I'm not a mother yet, but i do have my baby Denicia & my three nephew's Tobias, Tyler, & Trevor.

My Denicia will be 4 on June 20th this year, She is my baby becuz she was my aunts foster baby from the moment she was 1 week old to a month before she turned three......she always called me momma, most of the time my aunt was too sick to take care of her so i was over there almost every day taking care of her.....sadly 1 month before her third birthday she was taken by CPS becuz my sister had called them & said my cousin was smoking pot while babysitting her.....*crys* i miss her sooo much, and her stupid social worker wont let me or my aunt see her.......

But now i spend most of my time babysitting my nephews.....Tobias is 3, Tyler is 1 1/2, & Trevor is in my sister's tummy-6 months old------My nephews are so cute, so wonderful, so precious, so clever, so sly, but sadly never any more so then my Baby Denicia.............