lets do something

Discussion in 'Protest' started by /|\, Jun 13, 2004.

1. /|\

/|\ Member

ok guys this has waited long enough. The war is costing over 117 billion dollars. The draft may come back next year forcing men AND women to kill people for what reason?? OIL AND MONEY!! we gotta do somethin here. This generation isnt doing crap just sittin on their asses listening to rap music that has no peaceful messages at all. We should protest or march somewhere soon. When and where should we do somethin to show that there IS an anti-war movement and that we DO care...

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

:(
    The world DID protest before the war, it didn't do jack shit. You're gonna have to get a bit more creative if you want the war to end. But honestly, we made the mess, we should stick it out till they form their own government, not just abandon them. Besides, one good side to the war getting worse is that in theory, bush's approval rating will go down and he may lose the election.
    -Kate

3. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I agree that we just can't pull out and say "fuck it, I'm tired of dealing with this mess we created". And it's true that protests didn't help prevent it, so they aren't likely to stop it.

I don't think we should be there to begin with, but now that we are, we can't just leave.

4. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

NO but this country does need a change.

5. Maverick

Maverick Banned

The draft is being pushed by Democrats, and I don't think anyone wants it back in place. You don't have to worry about the Draft, and I'm tired of hearing about it.

6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There will be demonstrations during the Democratic National Convention in July in Boston and the Republican National Convention in August in New York. Check with Indymedia to find out if there will be any demonstrations in your area to coincide with them.

At the moment our efforts are best concentrated on getting George Bush voted out of office. That won't solve everything but it's a major step in the right direction.

7. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

Go to the protest, and make yourself heard....the whole world will be watching....

http://www.counterconvention.org/index.php

BTW, where is Trinister? Has he been in here lately?

8. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

Democrats are smart on this one. They are trying to push it BEFORE the Nov. election, so Bush will look exactly like what he is. A man who sends young men and women to their death, on foreign soil, in order to assume a better position in the Middle East oil fields.

I hope the Dems keep pushing this point NOW. Because IF Bush is re-elected, only then will he introduce the draft....AFTER he has his throne back. You don't think he is stupid enough to try and get a draft passed NOW do you?? It would be political suicide.....

It's all a fucking game Maverick, and the Dems are playing hard ball too...

9. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

It's been that way throughout history in this country. One side makes a mess and the other gets the blame for it. The only way to stop it is to vote out the repulicrats. GO GREEN.

There is a better way. I know there is.

Kathi

10. moonlove94

moonlove94 Member

i say that protesting is a good idea you really want to get people attition try finding some people who care and are in school and have them just walk out i want to try it but i am too afraid to do it alone i will do it if there are more people though

11. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Its so difficult to find protests in my area, its difficult to find information on local protests.