LESSON: Walk

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by lovelyxmalia, Nov 1, 2007.

1. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

Writing Toward Home - Georgia Heard

Walk

First, describe something you've done in your life that was very difficult: maybe you quit drinking, left a bad marriage, began to exercise daily, quit your job so you could write. Find photographs, and cut reminders out of magazines. Find a poem or quote and make a collage, so next time if you doubt your abilities you can gather strength from what you've already done.

Is there something in your life that you'd like to do, but your fears are holding you back? Describe your dream. Make a plan of how you'll be able to fulfill this dream, and try to walk steadily toward it.

2. kylepott

kylepott Member

i want to move to a city so small, you know everyones names and everyone is friendly. i dont like how the city is full of ignorant assholes. i was riding my bike home the other night in a blizzard. i kept falling (the snow was really deep) and NOONE offered me a ride home. is it possible that the city makes people untrustworthy? i have a dream that everyone will be courteous and nice. why cant we trust a stranger anymore? why are we so convinced that if we pick up someone were going to get raped or killed. wheres the trust in the world today? i have a dream to live with friendly people because if your sourounded by people who dont trust you and dont show courtesy to you, how can you live a happy life? youll grow accostomed to people not trusting you and probably take the same path. i dream of bringing my children up around people who are courteous so they will have thos manners and trust instilled into them unlike me where i had to learn that noone trusts so i should. if there young and they learn its not learnign they just pick it up without any effort. i have a dream that the world will be a better place if children are raised with those morals and thought process programed into them at a young age.