Lesson #3: Not Recommended for Human Consumption!

Discussion in 'You Are What You Eat!' started by skip, Oct 25, 2007.

1. raven_star

raven_star Member

2. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Olive oil comes from olives, peanut oil from peanuts, sunflower oil from sunflowers; but what is a canola?
    Canola is not the name of a natural plant but a made-up word, from the words "Canada" and "oil". Canola is a genetically engineered plant developed in Canada from the Rapeseed Plant, which is part of the mustard family of plants. According to AgriAlternatives, The Online Innovation, and Technology Magazine for Farmers, "By nature, these rapeseed oils, which have long been used to produce oils for industrial purposes, are... toxic to humans and other animals".
    Rapeseed oil is poisonous to living things and is an excellent insect repellent. I have been using it (in very diluted form, as per instructions) to kill the aphids on my roses for the last two years. It works very well; it suffocates them. Ask for it at your nursery. Rape is an oil that is used as a lubricant, fuel, soap and synthetic rubber base and as a illuminate for color pages in magazines. It is an industrial oil.
    It is not a food.
    Rape oil is strongly related to symptoms of emphysema, respiratory distress, anemia, constipation, irritability, and blindness in animals and humans. Rape oil was widely used in animal feeds in England and Europe between 1986 and 1991, when it was discontinued.
    A few relevant facts

It is genetically engineered rapeseed.

Canada paid the FDA the sum of $50 million to have rape registered and recognized as "safe". (Source: Young Again and others)
    Rapeseed is a lubricating oil used by small industry. It has never been meant for human consumption. It is derived from the mustard family and is considered a toxic and poisonous weed, which when processed, becomes rancid very quickly.

(now all I did was copy & paste that from 1 site...u can do an online search to fine more info)

3. Paisley Skye

Paisley Skye Member

the things i would remove from my kitchen would include: white rice, bleached flour, cane sugar, red meat, high sodium products(incl. canned goods).,etc. the list could go on, but these for starters. paisley skye.

4. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

i agree with thread post white bread and sugar is like crack

5. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

personally, I'm freaked out by artificial sweeteners. I'd rather have no sweetener at all.

6. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

If meat is bad for human health then, is there a way to eat it in a healthy way such as like to get organic meat? Meat being unhealthy has turned my view on humans being omnivores on its head, how am I not gonna eat meat?

7. wisp

wisp Member

Not eating meat is a personal choice , if you have read what Skip said meat is basically decaying dead flesh full of chemicals including growth hormones ,also meat carries diseases like ecoli and mad cow disease . If you feel you really have to put that in your body its your choice but you can live without it very easily , you can get almost all the proteins and minerals that meat gives you from veggies , legumes and grain and pastas even Vitamin B12 you can get from yeast extract .So if you can get what you need without eating meat -why eat it

8. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I have to say, I'll be switching to being vegetarian. I've from many years back heard people say like being vegetarian can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. They must've been ignorant or something.

9. wisp

wisp Member

Dangerous ? in what way ? A lot of people are ignorant about what it entails by becoming a vegetarian but you can learn alot just by simply reading the posts in the vegetarian forum and there are plently of members you know a heck of a lot more about the subject than me. Read , learn from them -feed your head and then see if being vegetarian is dangerous :D
    peace

10. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

If meat is not OK for human health, then what about egg and dairy? One other thing, what about fish?

11. wisp

wisp Member

Being a vegetarian means that you dont kill another living creature to feed you, you can live on what grows from the earth .Some vegetarian eat dairy and eggs they are called ovo-lacto vegetarians which is the most common type of vegetarian .I am one of them .

Fish ?? with the crap they pump into the sea- mercury, toxic waste etc plus again you would have to take a life in order to eat it , so no fish , no chicken , no animal byproducts , even jello contains gelatine made from animal bones , no meat at all , no sugar , etc . I strongly suggest you do some more research into vegetarism before the make your choice .Peace be with and make the right choice for you . :D

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Butter is completely healthy, but it should be from grass-fed cows.