Lesbians, would you date a bisexual girl?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Jerlene, Jan 29, 2012.

1. OrganicSoundball

OrganicSoundball Member

Although I'm bisexual myself, I would never again date a bisexual girl! I know myself well, of course, and I know that if I develop feelings for someone, it doesn't matter what gender they are, I just want them as a person. But most bisexual people, in my experience, don't think like that- if they're with a girl, they miss guys; if they're with a guy, they miss girls. My ex girlfriend is bisexual, and she left me for a guy. And when she'd been with a couple of guys for a few months after we broke up, she decided she wanted me back! Confusing girl>< Another ex of mine claimed to be a lesbian, and then she cheated on me with a guy who she is now engaged to. So I guess you could say that I'm a bit wary of being left for a guy.

2. Morla.S

Morla.S Guest

your loss

3. numberphile

numberphile Member

I believe female bisexuality has become a trend nowadays.

They either label themselves as bi because they are lesbians who are afraid to accept the fact they're 100% homosexual,

or straights that say they like women because lesbianism is considered hot by men.

In other cases, they date a girl because they got disappointed by a guy and need a shoulder to cry on.

Or, they do it because their selfish boyfriend would love to have a threesome with two girls.

Few girls are truly bi.

1 person likes this.
  4. orion1

orion1 Guest

I just recently came out and have only dated men prior to this. I've found one of the hardest things to deal with is this stereotype. I don't compare my girlfriend to any of my ex boyfriends because there is no comparison! Do you think just because men have an attached penis that it makes them better? Not at all! You get what you get with a man but with my girlfriend, when she is about to strap it on, she says "what kind would you like tonight" ... can't do that with a "real" penis. No man has ever been able to love me in all the other ways either like she can. So, as far as comparisons go ... there is none! If the girl you are with is comparing you, then move on. If the girl you are with is also dating a man, move on. These aren't good people to be with.

I don't plan to go back to men, but I can't change my past, but I find it hard to always have to prove myself. I will tell you this though, my girlfriend has a ton of baggage and bad past girlfriends. I don't have any ex's like that. I don't think genders matter, you either have a good person or a bad one.

I am looking forward to my new life. It saddens me that one of the things I am most apprehensive about is this stereotype towards women who used to be with me. It doesn't make me bi, I'm not switching back and forth. Anyway ... I guess my point is, it's the person not the gender. If you are with a good person, the rest wont' matter.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Comment from a bi woman.
    If I'm dating you, I'm dating YOU. Why does who I had sex with before impact you? Should I be all worried you will go back to a previous lover? Or can I trust you are an ethical person?

6. kurona

kurona Member

In feelings I agree, bi girls will always choose the cock in the end (not 100% but with a good ratio). Maybe not now but when the opportunity opens up they will.

Me, I am a bi, I dont wanna say it but... I can love a woman, I can sleep with them... but there is that feeling that you just need a guy also - its not just the physical for me, its emotional too. Some think its the cock, its not just - any girl can wear a strap on afterall. Note, its just me maybe ok.

This idea is not just about self confidence, why lesbian women are concerned about this. Honestly I think its sheer observation and statistics hahahaha.

To note also, a lot of bi girls that i know, have a stable man and they fish for girls as the extra. They crave women also but not in the same manner as they do with men.

Sometimes also, they get hurt by men too much, so they run to women hoping the story would go differently. Sometimes you hear them whine also how men are monsters but then you see how they are with guys.......

I shouldnt be saying this since its against me but... just saying, this is not paranoia, theres reasons for the concern

1 person likes this.
  7. Beca012

Beca012 Member

I have no problems with bisexuals. Not at all. But I would feel very uncomfortable dating one. I think I would be very critical towards myself and try to fit both roles in a way that doesn't even makes sense. Wow that sounded so weird but I hope someone understands what I mean. I know that all bisexuals do not fulfill the stereotypical "can't be monogamous becasue I'm promiscious!" Lifestyle. I know. But I would always feel like "maybe I'm not good enough. Am I good enough?" And it would end with me feeling miserable about myself. If I fell in love with a girl who just so happens to be bisexual I would of course invest my everything into that relationship :) But there would always be a feeling of inadequacy present.

This pretty much says it all:

Definitely no hard feelings towards you! You just summed up my feelings very well with this!

8. Gaypride13

Gaypride13 Guest

I would not date a woman who is defiantly bi. I would and have dated woman who didn't know what they were at the time. Not that I am bragging but I have been many girls first. I don't see that as an issue, because we were all there at one point in our lives. I was the first woman my wife was with. We are separated now. I am just saying if I was interested in a woman. She tells me she is totally bi, then no I can't see me dating her. I want to be with a gay woman if it leads to a serious relationship. I am not someone who is into or has ever been in a hook up situation.

9. Morla.S

Morla.S Guest

i am a bisexual girl. I won´t choose the cock in the end because that´s not what i like the most when having sex with a man. I can love a woman and sleep with them, i can love a man and sleep with them, feeling complete both sexual and emotionally
    saying a woman beds another one because they had been hurt by a man is like believing a lesbian is a lesbian because she has been abuse or mistreated by man.
    Also, being in an established relationship and bedding other people is being unfaithful no matter if that person is a woman or a man. You are labeling bisexual people as promiscuous individuals by saying that.
    It´s sad to read contemptuous commentaries comments from a member of the LGTB community to another-
    You´re so wrong honey

10. Meg435

Meg435 Guest

As a bi girl I find this so frustrating. While I understand what makes people wary of bi girls (I've met a few who clearly liked the idea of being with a women but had no interest in relationships or anything more than hooking up) there are plenty of us who are truly attracted to both sexes and are looking for real relationships. When I am with a women, I am with her and only her and I am not looking for anyone else male or female. I am open with everyone in my life about my sexuality and when we get to that point in the relationship I am excited to introduce her to my family and friends as my girlfriend. I have never been in a relationship with a women where I felt any longing or need to be with a man. I don't "take turns" going back and forth between men and women. I date people that I am attracted to and who I feel comfortable and connect with. While not all my relationships have worked out, the need to be with the other sex has never been the reason for the relationship ending.

11. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

absolutely, anyones orientation does not describe their ability to commit to a relationship, it just describes who they are willing to be in one with. What I don't want to do is be with anyone who can't commit and there are plenty of lesbians who have this problem also.

In fact I am marrying a womon who is Bi.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe.
    I can appreciate why some wouldn't.

13. Rjinn

Rjinn Guest

I would only if I was convinced she was really into it. If I were to say generally, I'd rather not, things are confusing as it is and according to what I've seen so far from bisexual girls, wouldn't like to get in the mix.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Once she fully commits to the relationship what is her sexuality going to be? Will I be enough or is she going to want that something else? Will she end up strictly into girls herself? Is she interested in girls in general or is it just me?

That's what I would be asking myself.

15. Janya

Janya Member

I dated with bisexual girls and i dont have nothing bad to say, I think its depend what you looking for if you want a seriously relationship or just an "encounter".

16. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

I have always wondered how most lesbians felt about this.

I personally would not go back to guys and only guys. I just couldn't do that.

But I can see a lot of bi sexual people doing that. Because nowadays it is almost like a trend like some of what you guys said. It is pretty upsetting.

I mean you like what you like, this isn't a fashion.

17. abigailV

abigailV Guest

yes love conquers all.

18. Goldstar

Goldstar Members

Im the kinda person who would rather be on the safe side so no, i wouldnt date bisexuals

19. 2gay2function

2gay2function Members

I would try and avoid it, but I wouldn't completely cut bisexuals out.
    Just because I've had terrible experience with bi girls ditching me for a penis doesn't mean they're all like that.

20. TerrallAlexis

TerrallAlexis Members

I wouldn't mind dating a bi girl, even though I've had bad experiences with some. I would actually kind of find it flattering because out of such a large dating pool, she chooses me. Plus, cutting bi girls out is severely limiting your choice of mate.

To be honest, I feel like the attitude towards bi girls is comparable to racism and sexism and the like. They can't help liking both men and women. I had a bi friend, and when she went to this club of lesbians, they were acting really cold towards her when they realized she's bi. Not cool.