Lesbian terms and lables, where do you stand?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by VillaVillekulla, May 18, 2004.

1. VillaVillekulla

VillaVillekulla Member

hi there, this is really confusing, you guys must have at least 100 expressions for 'lesbian'. ok, i think i know what you mean by 'butch' and 'femme' but what´s a 'stone butch' or 'stone femme' (are there stone femmes??) and what´s a 'lipstick lesbian' and 'girly girl'? are girly girls lipstick lesbians? oh help, could you explain this to me? thanks!

2. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

butch is like a woman who acts like a guy, and lipstick, i think, is a lesbian that still acts affeminate

3. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

No definitions will serve you completely. As we've been discussing in recent threads, butch and femme are very transient concepts - to each her own. Here is a copy of a "queer dictionary" I came about online: www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Stonewall/4219
    Traditionally a stone butch is one who "doesn't flip for anyone," more bluntly, only gives pleasure to a partner and does not receive. A stone butch would never desire to be penetrated, and in the old days, wouldn't want oral sex. These things aren't set in place the way they used to be. A stone femme? I'm guessing it's the opposite.
    I like "chaptstick lesbian" - in other words, a jock. :)

4. VillaVillekulla

VillaVillekulla Member

thanks, that dictionary was quite helpful. having read the explanations i think i like girly soft butch chapstick lesbians. oh wow, what an expression...sounds sexy! :rolleyes:

oh, the one in your signature looks just like that

5. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

I honestly never ealised how many types of lesbians there are , its amazing how many labels exist for one gender.
    I enjoyed this thread , it was a real eye opener for someone who grew up a lesbian.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i wonder if i'd be classified as a switch. seems very complicated, and there's so many derogatory uses. *sigh* people are people.

7. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

i didn't realize there were so many labels either.... theres not as many for people who are straight. why cant we all just love... doesn't matter who, male or female...

8. MysteriousNight

MysteriousNight Member

I'm just me, ha. I don't think I fit into any catagory, but I have been told I am quite girly, so.....anway.... The whole label thing is really unfortunate, b/c it really doesn't matter. I'm attracted to women of all types, although, I must admit if I have a hard time telling if she is a male or female at first then I am usually not attracted to that. Doesn't mean that it's bad or anything, just not my personal preference. I once got rejected b/c of my lack of "butchness". I think I posted something about it a while ago. It was probably that girl's personal preference and now I get that, but at the time it was kind of confusing. I was like "Wait a minute, she doesn't like me b/c I am too much like a woman?" Ha.

9. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

people just have their types. i'm not into blondes. though on rare occaision someone has overcome their unfortunate hair color. ;)

10. Rainbow Starlite

Rainbow Starlite Member

I'm girly I guess but then not really? How about "Human, mostly"

11. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

human, mostly works.

12. threads&flames

threads&flames Member

i dont really work by labels if u click u click dont u? i must admit im not exactly attracted the the men-looky likies but thats just cuz i want to be lookin at a beautiful woman, hence not going for men.....thats my tupence worth hahaha

13. lutsko67

lutsko67 Member

How about this;

I am woman you are Man!!

you love who you want, and so will I!!

14. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

*baby dyke!*

That thing on the freedom rings was interesting, how the meaning differs, depending on which hand the rings are worn on...