Lesbian Advice/help

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by v.anessamarie23, Jan 7, 2015.

1. v.anessamarie23

v.anessamarie23 Members

Hello All,
    I am new to this and I am really needing some advice or help. I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for almost 3 years. I have known her for almost 6 years. We are extremely happy together and while not all relationships are perfect we do argue from time to time. A little background, we moved to Arizona to start building a life together, I left my family, friends and everything else back in California. My issue is that I have yet to meet her father, I've met everything one else in her family but him. Now I know he is the typical Mexican father who believes a man and woman should be together and marry. I know this because my father was the same way and he didn't speak to me for 2 1/2 years. It's hard and that is the main reason for our arguments. Now our neices birthday party is this Saturday (1/10/2015) and her dad is going to be there. I have missed out on several birthdays and holidays due to the fact that her father believes it is wrong that his daughter is dating Another woman. Now I don't want to keep missing out on birthdays or anything else. I'm tired of feeling like I'm being hidden. I'm wondering if I should just go? Or stay home while she goes by her self? Help me please!

2. Girlpower

Girlpower Members

I have the same problem with my girlfriend, my grandparents also feel the same way as her father. We agrue too. I do see it from both points of view though.... It is extremely hard to just bring you a long and say 'this is my girlfriend' however, if the tables were turned and it was me... I'd go... Be polite, be normal. If he doesn't like you he doesn't like you. It has to be done sooner or later, you've been together for 3 years now. If it doesn't happen at your nieces party when will it?

1 person likes this.