Les-curious

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by CharmaineX, Apr 9, 2022.

1. CharmaineX

CharmaineX Banned

I've just come across this term? Is this a good way to describe yourself? I'm always a bit cautious about the words we use to name ourselves.

jmadre likes this.
  2. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Well I am not a expert in name tags. But my first thought was, is that you are curious about lesbian relations and ,or maybe interested to find out more.
    Personally I feel that bi curious is a good starting point if you are thinking about it. But have not acted on it. Ether way I Personally feel that one does not need to label themselves one way or another. But again that is my personal opinion.

Just be who you are and follow your feelings.

scratcho, jmadre and CharmaineX like this.
  3. CharmaineX

CharmaineX Banned

Thanks you are quite right about labeling being restrictive. But it does perhaps make it clear sometimes what you are looking for. But I can see it might put off some potential friend too.

jmadre likes this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I remember around 20 years ago I was confused about sexuality.

Without providing excruciating detail, I will share that I thought the honesty and level of introspection demonstrated by the divestment from mainstream culture into an accepting and embracing of LGBTQ as it were (which actually was not an acronym then that I'm aware of...) was worthy.

I had experienced openness and honesty in two other places, one at a very in-depth emotional experience at a boarding school designed to bring about change in the lives of young people, and then later during experimentation with psychedelic substances.

That combination gave me a focal point when I encountered LGBTQ.

And now when I reflect on all of that stuff I just realize there is a certain amount of being honest with oneself...

Am I this or am I that... Those are questions I think we ask ourselves when we evaluate our sexuality.

I was questioning, which is familiar terminology from LGBTQ, for years. Finally, I concluded that it made more sense to me to try to not go with this trend and not embrace alternative sexuality but to rather embrace the more status quo heterosexual sexuality. And that has become my reality.

I try to incorporate as much complete transparency, openness, and honesty as I can into my now 2-year-old relationship with my wife. We have not yet signed the paperwork to formalize our marriage, but we acknowledge each other that way, perhaps me acknowledging her as my wife more so than she acknowledges me as her husband. I think that's because she's a little more reserved.

Anyway, I have made numerous very serious confessions to her in the name of full transparency. I've been sure when I've done that to provide adequate foundation for moving forward with the understanding that I have moved past my transgressions, and I'm ready to go forward with the knowledge that I am not held down by them and that I can move forward and be acceptable.

Well, we enjoy a healthy relationship and I feel that that transparency plays a role.

I think that anytime we try to embrace a new label, or adopt aspects of a new lifestyle, we need to make an evaluation about is this a trend is this a fad... Particularly with LGBTQ, it is a contentious issue. We see older generations typically reject it, and newer generations typically embrace it. In that way there's an ideological divide. Not to mention the prevalent political positions that are involved. There are people on both sides of the aisle politically that support LGBTQ philosophies or marriage or rights, but does that begin to characterize the interpretation of their constituents? I think it does, and those politicians have to be careful about that because there are straight people on both sides of the aisle as well.

My philosophy is that it is important to acknowledge not only the equality aspect but the human aspect. And I think sometimes that is what's lost.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    jmadre likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think it's easier to get away with calling yourself, "bi-curious".

CharmaineX and jmadre like this.
  6. CharmaineX

CharmaineX Banned

Thanks for your thoughtful response

jmadre likes this.
  7. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

If you are this curious I would suggest you go and try it, I think it is the only way you will know for sure, jump in and test the water, it’s your body, it belongs to you, your decision what you do with it. If you worry all your life about what other people think of you, you will never do what you really want to do.many people have some whopping skeletons in their closet and they look for people they think have worse, just to make themselves feel better, don’t be used by them, life is fun, enjoy it.

scratcho and CharmaineX like this.
  8. CharmaineX

CharmaineX Banned

Thank you -

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Labels only serve to constrict and divide us...but without them, I'd never get my mail.

snowtiggernd, scratcho and CharmaineX like this.
  10. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Little 'ol earth has been turning and spinning for billions of years and yet we in this form only get a paltry amount of decades. In a hundred years, no one will remember your name or be interested in determining your proclivities. So try and do whatever you want, short of harming others I say. And have fun doing it.:)

12. BranJon79

BranJon79 Members

Good rule to go by.

scratcho likes this.
  13. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Super Moderator Super Moderator

People are always trying to put a label on you or put you into a box that makes sense to them, or to the latest trend. It took me a long time to resist what others tried to tell me. Council is good. Friends are helpful... but nobody knows more than you exactly who you are and how you feel. As BranJon79 wrote - try and exI doplore and enjoy yourself. have fun.
    I wondered if "les" was the French plural for "the" la is feminine. le is masculine. les is plural... in other words, more than one curious... or it could be a play on Lesbian Curious. If you are a female and you are curious about same sex exploration - it might be a good label... But, never label yourself with a term you are not comfortable with.

jmadre likes this.