Leisurely Scribbles II

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by fitzgarabaldi, May 11, 2019.

1. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

It is making feel ill!!!
    More upsetting news today.
    I just want to cry.

2. fitzgarabaldi

fitzgarabaldi jolly swagman

away away with all this bolling and krooling and moochin and coochin - let's have fun in life - there are some who give fun and others that need it and some who may wanna take too much - so here we share it all around - let the sun shine in - but I guess if we see a prank then we'll call a prank frank!

Today I awoke to face a 14 C [winter] chill - nearly time to put me long johns on. first job feed the starving animals and then water the surrounding garden - a 30 min job - half gets done by hand the rest auto by reticulation a process I'd never come across really until I landed on these sunny shores - did not have a clue - so steep learning curves all around and a few aussie jibes along the way. It's called training for the future and if ya can't take a good hearted well meant aussie jibe then you'll have to sit out in the cold in the land down under! This is gentle piss taking country for sure. The brits get taken the worst then the rest and the kiwis last with a good cousin chuckle. did I mention it does climb to a balmy 33C by lunchtime?

and now the rest of the house awake and go about their preparations for the day and I just wait for peace and quiet again!

3. fitzgarabaldi

Immortality - anyone considered it recently I'm sure RJ has - I think about it every few weeks I guess. I see family members passing away - artists I've grown up viewing and enjoying all in my own age bracket, and yet each day if I stop and think I just feel immortal!!

I know it's crazy and not true [is it?] but still I feel it - and why couldn't it be true? So each day I get ready for the next never believing that it may not arrive this time! - I just expect it too!

of course there are those of us who do believe we are truly immortal we just change life forms and again why not - no one has managed to prove it is true or isn't - there I've just managed to confuse everyone!

I was doing some research very recently about dai pai dongs in Hong Kong for my tale and the captions I called up were telling me that the ones I was looking at were the last of a dying breed. God when I was in old honkers there were millions of them all over the place and now they've nearly vanished - wow ! I wonder whether anyone will every start them up again somewhere else. But they have actually - when I was visiting my sister in Vancouver a few years back I found the canadian versions of dai pai dongs both indoors and outdoors and we enjoyed our meals at them - so they are re-producing elsewhere!

Are we still on the same track as immortality - well sort of - I live on genetically and in other ways through my grandchildren and eventually their grandchildren - so maybe the old adage that we are all immortal is not so far off the truth as some think?

4. fitzgarabaldi

well I recall now my buddhist training days - all sorts really but no belief in God of course and rather like your concept of water mocules. One particular version gave out exercises via tapes of meditating on your death and imagining all organs and tissues melting away and joining up with everyone elses in the universe. No thank you couldn't be havin with that one after learning all those Cof E hymns over the years and been a choir boy no less - and a few other things too!

there is no doubt of course that the body 'melts away' and only skeleton remains - but heh there is still a lot of molecules left behind in bones.

For me it's come down to us all making our own minds up about how we die and where we finish up - after all it's a very personal thing isn't it!! - no one usually does it with you holding hands heh?

5. fitzgarabaldi

changing the topic as one does in leisurely scribbles anyone enjoy "suspervet" - we are getting it now in OZ and I just love the show - very professional? and life saving surgery and a great 'tender loving care' approach - the only down side is the bill!!

6. Candy Gal

Never watched that. sorry

7. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

One did see the youngsters playing as a band-last act,one believes-on BGT and they were quite good. Just stop with the Stevie Wonder stuff and lay down some Quo tunes and I reckon they'll walk it to fame n fochoon.

8. Candy Gal

9. fitzgarabaldi

wot lovely writing CG and prose - where did you ever learn to write like that - and finally we hear from the great bear himself - bearing his soul as usual!! yippee the show has started!! - lay down the beat mon

10. fitzgarabaldi

we're just short of a spit and polished Jem and we'd be whole again!!

11. fitzgarabaldi

shame on you CG - thought you loved animals especially bears!!!

12. Candy Gal

I do, but I don't watch a lot of TV.

13. fitzgarabaldi

this is not a party political thought - just a sad one - apparently billions of dollars worth of conterfeit drugs for serious illness are flooding into Africa on a regular basis and in some cases are not only non-effective but also dangerous to general health - they are mainly supplied from India and China - what a sad sad world we live in at times. information supplied by WHO

14. Candy Gal

Yes, there will always be greedy conniving gits!!!!!!

15. fitzgarabaldi

to all my bestest friends !!

always loved this guy - often under-estimated IMO!

16. fitzgarabaldi

The Tummy Bug That Met Its’ Match

The gypsy had a tummy bug; it hugged her oh so tight
    she said it was a nasty one; that kept her up all night

it stopped her socializing; and getting out each day
    it used to swirl around her; and have its evil way

now not satisfied with having her own true tummy bug
    she passed it onto others; through the well known gypsy hug

and now we are all writhing; around the net with pain
    I do hope in the future her bugs drive her insane!

AND THEN I INTERVIEWED THE BUG!

I twas goin about me business; one fine and sunny day
    moving around the universe; BUG visits I do pay

I chanced to come upon a gypsy in the woods
    and when I got inside her I wondered at the goods

she had a modest stomach well lined. mucosa skin
    but it's what she kept inside it that made me think agin

there was half eaten butties with egg and bacon rind
    some half chewed chipolatas swilling in the cheap red wine

and the noise itself was deafening it built up with low growl
    and then it thundered 'round and 'round
    and shot out through her bowel!~

there was nothing to hang onto as I swirled around the mess
    and just as I thought I'd made it down came the very best

ten pints of tennants beer poured down the wee small gullet
    and it swept me off me BUG feet like a fast tsunami bullet

I'm out of here I thought out loud; I've been in some vast caverns
    but there's nought like gypsy's stomach to beat a beer soaked tavern!

© Fitz

17. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

It is almost 3.00am here in the UK.
    I am off to bed now but I thought I would do a quick leisurely scribble to say how much I enjoy reading all the leisurely scribbles up to now.
    Particularly the original posters very intellectual and thoughtful posts.
    I just wish I had both the time and the brain to do leisurely scribbles like those.

Me brain ain't as good as it used to be! :grin:

Goodnight and sweet dreams folks.
    Catch yer later today.

Kenny

And before I go to bed.
    Please think on this:

[​IMG]

18. fitzgarabaldi

thank you Kenny for your own thoughts - you are appreciated because you are uniquely you - that's all that matters - this is not a competition! Even the good book said " there are many gifts of the spirit and we can use them and share them - they are all used for the same good works"!!

perhaps in these troubled times the kindly spirits have increased in numbers?

19. fitzgarabaldi

can anyone get this on international radio?? Chill - looks like you maybe can now? I listen to it a lo- it uses different styles throughout the day - sbs chill am/pm/night - but all very soporific - I have it turned on low and unfortunately I'm gone in a flick and there it is in the morn when I awake - it sometimes burrows into my awakening dreams and I get confused. But great stuff that often doesn't get out in the mainstream plays and probably a lot is electronic [just thought that may be the case] Anyone familiar with this?? Sounds can be very repetitive at times and I suppose that's wot makes it soporific heh?

I like the time reminder Kenny - 1 pm now in OZ - just finished a lunch time nap - I like napping and there is good old sbs! We have a late season cyclone approaching our eastern seaboard category 1 [that's low]. It has now been de-categorized to a low passing over the north eastern seaboard with wind and rain and heading in land.

we here in the west are 3-4 days ride away and so have bright sunshine by noon and a range of 14C-34 whilst over there they have 22 C-28

I do like Rouseaus quote, seems to still apply:

Man is born free everywhere he is in shackles

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  20. fitzgarabaldi

Adventures of a gweilo in the southern hinterland of China!! Big gong sounds!!!

Continued:

But my tome got ahead of itself. We really started life in a Tsim Sha Tsui hotel for approx 2 wks compliment of the HK govt. Looking back is was great fun, allowing us to explore a typical glitzy world of “suzie wong” – there were several around the colony!

My Chinese boss had met us at the airport and transported us to our hotel [which sadly has long gone and is now some other concrete edifice? ] We had two large spacious rooms – one for the kids and one for the wife and I. Everything was done by official regulations – so I was given 2 days re-location leave and then had to report for duty way into the Chinese hinterland of Lai Chi Kok. My first official visit was somewhere on HK island [ we resided and worked in Kowloon on the mainland]. The instructions where brief and simple: Catch the Star Ferry across the harbor; catch a taxi to this govt dept and go to level 11 and ask for X!

I had contracted travelers flu, as I stepped out at 9am into a sultry warm HK September with the warm rain softly falling. Taxis appeared from everywhere almost mounting the pavements. Later I found I could have walked to the ferry but not this time! The ferry was ridiculously cheap – HK 30 cents but then the crossing was only 20 mins. It was a magic journey sitting amongst mainly southern Chinese persons – and no one hardly spoke [like the NY or London tubes!]

Another taxi on the island [HK Island – the rock] side and a HK$6 ride to my govt dept. Eleven floor – hello welcome – and one phrase I have never forgotten – ‘sometimes working in HK govt is like walking on egg shells’ and that was from the big boss lady! I met her several time later – she was a doll!!

The next day or two we were shown my local location and the offer of the 3000 sq feet flat. I had several options – take the flat or look for my own and apply for rental allowance. I learnt rapidly that taking the lovely flat was the best option and was later able to apply for additional furnishings like something called a ‘duck board’ – any guesses?

At some time I was whisked off to another govt dept this time the ‘school dept’ and offered positions for my kids at different schools ‘it might be difficult getting them positions this time of the year’ was the comment – but it happened!

So flat to be spring cleaned – already partially furnished and so ready to move in – our own paltry goods on the way via Russia to arrive soon and kids positioned in school AND me to start work in a few days. Looking back everything was I think pre-planned and worked like clockwork but was designed to appear as if randomly occurring – a Chinese sleight of hand trick perhaps?

TBC