Legalized Marijuana in Mexico?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by ~Zen~, Mar 8, 2021.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Well, maybe.

Tomorrow the Senate if Mexico will hopefully vote on the legalization of cannabis. It has to do something according to the Mexican Supreme Court which gave them a deadline of December last year to pass legislation or they would declare it legal without limits. They were granted an extension because of the usual objections.

And now they have to do something. Ha!

The bill being voted on allows possession of up to 28 grams, cultivation of six plants, and AMLO is supposedly going to sign it into law.

Approval of the bill is considered inevitable because of a 2019 decision by the Supreme Court, which ruled that laws prohibiting the use of marijuana are unconstitutional, and broad support for legalization from the ruling Morena party, which leads a coalition with a majority in the lower house.

The Senate passed the legalization bill last November but the Chamber of Deputies has made multiple changes that will likely be put to a vote next Tuesday. - Mexico News Daily

In addition to this news, the locals have taken over the Louis Pasteur Park, just outside the Senate building in Mexico City. They are openly selling joints, marijuana, gummies, bong, papers, etc. Some lawmakers have been seen there partaking of the goodies :)

pot-market.jpg

Meanwhile, people who have been gathering in a “cannabis garden-cum marijuana market” known as Plantón 420 outside the federal Senate building in Mexico City for the past year continue to act as if recreational marijuana has already been legalized and few if any restrictions apply to its use and commercialization.

Milenio reported that marijuana is sold and smoked openly in the Luis Pasteur park despite the presence of police, who turn a blind eye to the illicit activities. Among the products on sale are marijuana cigarettes, or joints, cannabis cookies, cupcakes, brownies, candy, “gummies” and tea as well as bags of high-grade pot known by the nickname Pablo Escobar, for the deceased Colombian drug lord.

A range of marijuana paraphernalia such as papers, pipes, bongs and scissors are also for sale right next to the Senate building, located on Paseo de la Reforma, Mexico City’s most emblematic boulevard. - MND

2. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Oh the cartels are going to be pissed! They already lost a ton of money as is since last year.

DrRainbow, Candy Gal and ~Zen~ like this.
  3. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I do hope the UK comes to its senses.

DrRainbow, Totally Yoda and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. ~Zen~

Yes indeed... but everything one gets now is from the Sinaloans... it's right across the Sea of Cortez from us, but thankfully they are not controlling this area. Nothing for them here except old people and some shrimp.

DrRainbow, Totally Yoda and Candy Gal like this.
  5. ~Zen~

Apart from pot, I look forward to getting CBDs for several reasons. It is the Vizcaino Desert here, so farming is out of the question for locals.

DrRainbow and Totally Yoda like this.
  6. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I know my batches come from Mexico. I don't know whereabouts it comes from in Mexico. All I know is that it's good stuff I get.

CBD doesn't do anything for me. I tried it plenty of times. So I stick with the THC.

DrRainbow and ~Zen~ like this.
  7. ~Zen~

I find it great for a calming effect. It's subtle, but quite useful at times. Also seems to eliminate my noticing of any minor pains. I used it after dental surgery in the states and it was helpful. Kept me from wanting opioids. But everyone is different.

DrRainbow and Totally Yoda like this.
  8. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

When I had surgery on my jaw in the back. I was prescribed opioids for the pain. I never took them. Besides. The pain wasn't really there. So I took the meds to a drop off and got rid of them.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Congrats...

I hear Ohio is still playing re-runs of that great, and perfectly accurate, documentary "Reefer Madness" /s

10. ~Zen~

I haven't seen that in years, but I am sure it's available on YouTube and elsewhere. Writers would quote heavily from it when writing cannabis legalization rhetoric.

DrRainbow likes this.
  11. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

[​IMG]

Totally Yoda and ~Zen~ like this.
  12. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If cultivation in Mexico is legalized it will drive the price of pot down, could create a problem for U.S. growers. But hey, let's keep it cheap.

13. newo

I wonder if there will be tariffs on Mexican weed?

~Zen~ and SaraSara like this.
  14. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

My weed comes from Mexico :)

~Zen~ likes this.
  15. newo

16. ~Zen~

17. ~Zen~

18. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

And here I thought "Nogales is a really interesting spot to visit" before,,, :smilecat:

~Zen~ likes this.
  19. ~Zen~

When this passes Mexico will be the largest country in the world to legalize cannabis.

Doing the trip to the border will suddenly become more fun!

20. newo

I imagine Mexico will have Amsterdam-style "coffee houses" long before we do. Going to Tijuana will blow you away more than ever!

And customs on the way back will be a trip! "Anything to declare?" "One pound of buds, the legal limit!" "Okay, you can go!"

[​IMG]

~Zen~ likes this.
  21. ~Zen~

Well that would bring the road trip to TJ to a whole new level LOL!

Coffeeshop style operations will be allowed under the law, but consumption in premises may be problematic depending on the location. It seems responsibility for licensing and such will be given to the Department of Addiction Control. An interesting concept.

Best news, we will be able to grow up to eight plants in our courtyard legally!!! Who needs to buy, I have seeds :)

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.