legalization of marijuana

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by dayafterpuberty, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Oh So strangE indeeD

Oh So strangE indeeD Member

Yeah that's what my pops was saying like a week ago. Even he wants marijuana to be legalized...and thats saying something

2. wingedtriangle

wingedtriangle Member

it would be much healthier if it was legal because of one fact, you cant regulate something if it is not legal. if it was legal the government could set regulations what the government doesnt understand is that if it was legal they would be saving lives , people wouldnt have to worry whether their weed was laced with enbalming fluid or sprayed with insect killer or rat poison its a rough as world and people are sick legalizing it would no doubt save lives

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I don't smoke very much... but I'm glad its illegal.

Makes getting it a little more exciting.

4. keowyn

keowyn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My two cents...

I would gladly trade some of my tax money for freedom from police prosecution. And fact of the matter is, even after taxes, market competition will bring the the price bellow current street price and commercial competition wil elliminate schwag from the market. Let them tax the hell out of it like they do cigarettes. I stilll smoke cigarettes and i would stilll smoke pot if it wa $10 a pack and legal. Hell, the only reason not to smoke pot is that it is illegal. Also, the biggest ligitimate complaint against pot is that it is a gateway drug. And it is only a gateway drug because it is illegal. Catch 22 and it would all go away if the would legalize pot.
    Anyways, I'm out, Peace.

5. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

The fact is America wouldn't be able to control it. Think about it. If weed was legal you probably would start growing your own because it's so easy too! Why waste money buying it, when you could grow it anywhere. America is too busy trying to be War Gods right now, and if they legalized weed, they are also afraid of being know as a drug country. (because remember they think marijuana is a dangerous drug) Right now they win, we loose. But eventually I think what will happen is the penalties for being caught for weed, will be lowered.

6. footprints

footprints Member

i think its hard 2 give an answer 2 the legalisation of weed thing because there are so many different people out there, and different people have different responsibilitys. personally i love it and its only really done good in my life, for example when my dad had 2 stop drinking i got him in2 smoking marijuana it has only done good 4 him (especially coz hes got arthritis) so instead of bein withdrawn n mean hes started 2 become alot more open n has started really trying 2 talk part in the family. however this is only my experience. I also have a niece with hydrochepalis n when she isnt kept an eye on she could do anything she wants, n knowing that her parents do smoke weed n knowing the effects that weed can have on a person its scary for me 2 think that if they wer alowed 2 smoke it all the time, what would my neice be left to do? so like i said before, its really hard