Legal Weed

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by DrKlunk, Oct 12, 2010.

1. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

This is a report from a local news station here. K2 is as popular as they say, just about everyone I know who smokes around here has tried it. Ive tried it. Apparently though this shit can send you to the ER.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/he...rijuana-101110?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium

Maybe its the man trying to get us on some other addiction so he can get an extra penny. I dont think this stuff is addictive, but Ive only tried it. Reason enough though for me to not touch it again. Think Ill stick to good old marijuana

2. SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy Senior Member

These kids are essentially going to the ER for moderate panic attacks. I'm not saying there isn't a handful of legitimate cases where the user might experience dangerously elevated heart rate, etc that would warrant a trip to the ER, but I think a lot of it is just freak outs that can be ridden out at home that don't have to involve the ER... or the media :rolleyes: Kinda like what happened with DOx in the 60s when people thought it was LSD. I mean, what can the ER do for you anyway besides monitor your vitals and possibly give you a benzo? I'd rather save the $1000 and ride out a freak out at home...

Personally, I'm not a fan of the stuff, I prefer the real thing. I never had a problem with it despite being prone to anxiety. But I would probably seek out JWH or other if I was drug tested regularly or something. I think a lot of these over sensationalized injuries and trips to the ER could be avoided if the drug was used properly. Many people (esp kids) don't realize that you're asking for trouble if you smoke it exactly as you would smoke weed. A little goes a long way and it's difficult to dose this stuff appropriately according to your own tolerance, especially the pre-fab blends.

Once again, I'm not saying it's not possible for sensitive persons to have legitimate life threatening freak reactions, and it's also still a fairly new RC with no long term effects established, but I AM saying it's one of the many cases that is yet again being completely over-sensationalized by the media. I also find the statement that synthetic cannabinoid withdrawal is similar to heroin withdrawal a little off kilter even if we don't have established long term effects yet, that's just a little dramatic.

And why were they showing bags of Salvia while they were talking about how "addictive" and dangerous synthetic cannabinoids are? Made no sense.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah its just another over-sensationalized drug horror story capitalizing on a few bad incidents. I don't use this stuff but sb summed it up pretty well and you seem pretty persuaded by this propaganda op :( Almost every new drug gets negative sensationalized news story from the media. Marijuana has even beencalled a killer drug by the media before. :rolleyes:

4. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

I wouldnt say this is what convinced me of anything but it shined a little light on a new take. Ive tried several different brands of this legal stuff, K2 being one of them, and never had any issues other than slight nausea. Its put out under government regulations and if the media says something the government touches is addictive, Ill usually keep on my toes.

I have no clue, but like guerilla said, thats media

5. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Sounds like a panic attack. There have been times when I smoked too much regular weed and I thought I was dying and felt like going to the hospital, but instead I just laid down and waited til it was over.