Legailisation of cannabis

Discussion in 'Protest' started by troopermk2, May 17, 2009.

1. mustlivelife

mustlivelife Knows nothing!

HAHAHA You say that like you really think that Obama makes decisions and doesn't just take them from his super-rich puppet masters!! AHHAHAHAHAAAAA I can't believe some people are so dim-witted lol Seriously what the fuck is up with most people? Do they really walk around with their heads shoved up their arses?

On a serious note, like many things, making cannabis illegal comes back to the good old american dollar! A couple of people have already mentioned Du Pont, Anslinger and Hearst, some of the major culprits in the conspiracy. Du Pont company had discovered nylon and other such refinements of petrolium and the only thing stopping them from making shit loads of money off their new products was the fact that cannabis hemp was seen as superior in a lot of ways, not least because it was eco-friendly and not harmful to humans.

Hemp was used for so many things you would not believe it, there would be no modern civilisation without hemp. Canvas, that's hemp (the word isn't a million miles off when you think about it), linen was mostly hemp until a certain time, drying oils in paints, industrial lubricants, medicines, animal feed, all the uniforms of soldiers up to after the first world war, all the sails on ships, all the rope and cordage. And all of it replaced by petrolium products.

Making cannabis illegal had nothing to do with race and keeping immigrants out, this was simply propanganda to put cannabis in a bad place in people's minds. Associating anti-social behaviours brought on by poverty and inequality with the herb. The term marijuana (spelling? I never use the word) was introduced so people who were regular cannabis users/growers and people who bought hemp products (basically everyone at the time) would not associate the drug smoked by the "criminal" classes with the plant that has basically produced all the products that made modern society possible.

An interesting fact: During the second world war, when hemp was illegal and discouraged in most western nations, a sudden turnaround happened when the allied forces needed more materials for their planes and the general war effort, so it became illegal in certain US states for farmers not to grow a certain amount of hemp!

It's also interesting to note that, to this very day, people believe that the stuff you smoke is cannabis or weed and the stuff that you make fabric and stuff from is hemp and that they are different plants altogether. They are in fact one and the same!

If I've been wrong at any point in this, please correct me.

2. willedwill

willedwill Member

I see to understand you. Obama cannot impose strong policies either upon the innocent public for the mending of mathematical/ actuarial science progress. Some people really get well without a mathematical fist in their blood stream. I happen to be one that sees a strong man in Obama for my mathematical fix in my petuatary glands. Wooh!!

3. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Marijuana 'crimes' fuel your local justice department's. Big money in keeping weed criminal.
    Tobacco corp's don't want to compete with weed. Who smokes weed like cigarettes? A pack of joints lasts way longer then a pack of cigs. Not as much profit in weed for Big Tobacco.