led zeppelin reverse

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by thepixies, May 15, 2004.

1. thepixies

thepixies Member

2. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Haha, all that stuff is crap. It's just people searching way to hard to give people reasons not to listen to good music. I'm an atheist and don't believe in satan or hell, so the whole thing is sort of a joke to me, but I can understand how deeply religious people would be disturbed by this. Just don't worry about it, it's obviously not on purpose.

3. thepixies

thepixies Member

i know its not on purpose which is what is worrying me

4. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

I couldn't listen to the song (No music playing stuff on my computer) but it's the exact same thing with Yellow Submarine. HUGE controversy. Don't take it to heart, it means nothing. As the previous post said, it's all bullshit. People who thing that Led Zeppelin purposely put a message from Satan there or whatever it was really needs to do a reality check. I just hope a scandal like that never happens to me and MY band.. *shudder*

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

im pretty sure that was meant as a joke.

cause the lyrics dont even turn around to that.

6. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

one time, my brother, an independent record producer heard about the Stairway to Heaven thing and actually used a program to reverse it.

WEll, when we heard it it sounded like a completely different new song, rather good rhythm, and at one point it sounds like Plant says "My Sweet Satan".

But I think it's a coincidence. I think the pitches of the music and Plant's voice makes it sound that way.

7. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

yeah, you have to put into consideration that all the instruments being played backwards contributed to the satan thing. that, and knowing that it's about satan when you play it backwards helps alot in filling in the blanks. If i had never heard that song or rumor before, i doubt the reverse would not sound much more than jibberish. When i first heard the reverse, without the lyrics, all i could make out was "satan" and "666", and that was it. Of course, when i read the lyrics, it all came in crytal clear.

8. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

look at it like this, listen to the end of the clip, he says on, and the "n" bounces (three times i think), and when the reverse is played, it starts out O, and bounces. it seems legitimate, the recording, but other than that, your mind is just playin a trick

9. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

worst post on the new boards so far...

10. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

^ hahah true.. but yea the real reason for us hearing what we hear is because we see the words before or while we listen to it. our mind is choosing to hear what we hear. i garrentee if you play the WHOLE song backwards in its entirety without knowing what its "supposed" to say backwards you couldnt recognize any of the "satanic" lyrics...its when you have the clip of when its said and the what is believed to be backwards lyrics in front of you is when you hear it. its because you see one thing and your mind wants to hear it so its just a natural happening..they didnt mean to make this happen. and if they did...that would require ALOT of knowledge of the human voice and its pitches and tones not to mention how they all sound backwards...it would take ALOT. so i wouldnt go jumping to any conclustions about them meaning for this to happen....now pink floyd's empty spaces...thats a different story...they ment to make a special message in the song..but its QUITE different than stairway..you can tell its backwards to begin with and when you reverse it he CLEARLY says "congradulations, you have discovered the hidden message, send your answers to (unknown) at (unknown) pink way" the key word here is CLEARLY...if they were meaning for it to be said...dont you think theyd mean to make it legible for us to recognize....yea they would...and did they...no...so the final product of this undoubtably idiotic argument is this...they didnt mean to make this happen...and it doesnt say what ppl say it does...get over it...backmasking is not done by mistake...so therefore this is not backmasking and there was no intent...get over it hahaha

11. thepixies

thepixies Member

hey i never said it was purposely put in tehre and i did actually say that it's all coincidence (well probably all coincidence to be precise but i never say things for definite) but it's like posting those freaky optical illusions, but when its about a band we all love then somehow it's different as if it's an insult. Oh and AoXoMoXoA420 if it is the worst thread on the board then why did you add to it to make it stay up here for longer, I mean i started off respecting you because i didnt know you well enough but now taht i realise you say hurtfull things to other people then i suppose im going to have to think differentl about you.

all i was trying to do was post something taht maybe would entertain you for a couple of dozen seconds.

12. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

13. ShrOomie

ShrOomie Member

worst name one new boards so far..
    dont be saying dum stuff like
    becouse i seen some topics with no reply's arnt they the worst. also he was showing us sometihng bout a band giving us info, adding something to the forums whats

how we meant to reply to that, ecept with a flame, atleast thepixies gives us good topics to post in

MAke sure you dont diss down my man again:mad:

Ok thats my anger over, have you noticed that they repeath certian bits to make it sound like a word, like witht the "666" bit

14. thepixies

thepixies Member

yeh if you look im his sig, that is a cideo recording of people who insulted me

totally true

15. ShrOomie

ShrOomie Member

Rofl yeh man

Coolio Pimp daddy's black man regime - unit

so anyway back to ledd zepplin.....

16. thepixies

thepixies Member

not quite the same ring as jack-unit

17. ShrOomie

ShrOomie Member

but im not called jack :(

18. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

I'm reminded of the movie Little Nickey. When Nickey plays a Chicago record backwards, and you here Satan commanding his legions, and that one dude says "Chicago fuckin rocks!"

19. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

man.. yeah. i listened to it backwords first without the lyrics, and i didnt really hear anything, but i kinda could hear the word Satan, and yes it did sound like he was repeating some parts backwards.

oh man. a friend of mine said that some of the Beatles songs had Sublimital messages that pagans are bad. does anyone know about that?

20. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

man...this will allways be a topic over much debate...but fact of the matter is this..if they say they didint mean for it to happen then its not intentional. but if it does some how say something satanic backwards then cool thats neat. but almost every contraversal debate over backmasking has been brought up to the artists and they have declined the acounts so yea...