Led Zep or Sabbath?

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by gingerness, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Geezer wrote most of the lyrics :rolleyes:

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

First three albums to me. Yeah, of course there's some heavy metal sounds already on there. To me those albums are the best of the best :cheers2:

3. jadelee

jadelee Member

I loved Sabbath, i love it & i will love their songs forever!

-------------

glitter graphics big fan

4. astrida

astrida Member

Black sabbath! with Ozzy on the vocals. it's the band number 1 for me:)

5. dreamingcasually

dreamingcasually Member

6. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

uhhh Zep wins alll

srry guiz

7. marbchic

marbchic Member

Zeppelin.

preferably Presence or III

8. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

Sabbath.

9. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

I like some of them all, but I think Zep' is a deeper subject than the other two...

ZW

10. offset

offset Senior Member

No margin for comparison at all.........Zep is more blues-oriented, Sabbath more death/doom-oriented and DP are like Zep......these 3 bands are universes apart.

11. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

LOL Sabbath is death/doom oriented, a "genre" that didn't exist until 20 years after Sabbath's first album.

12. Asmodean

I agree that Black Sabbath has the most distinctive sound, but it's not worlds apart from Led Zeppelin, and certainly not from Deep Purple (first rock, later heavy metal). They just miss the organ. And especially Sabbath's first album is blues orientated as well.

13. sam.yeah!

sam.yeah! Member

Zep AND Sabbath, then Deep Purple.

14. zillagod

zillagod Member

Since the beginning of this thread is over a year old, I aint sure wether I have answered it, and too tired to search through 14 pages, but I am sure if I did answer, my answer would remain the same. Rut roh, Remain the Same? LOL I was never a big fan of Zeppelin. Robert Plant annoys me, except for his solo stuff such as Big Log, great desert music there. Jimmy Page never impressed me much either. Ok, Black Sabbath? I really liked their first album, but they got old quickly, until Ozzy left and was replaced by Ronnie James Dio. Heaven and Hell was one of rocks best albums ever. Mob Rules was cool, and Live Evil was a great live show. But, the best, was Deep Purple. Any incarnation, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III. And lets not forget the offshoots of Deep Purple, including Whitesnake and Rainbow. Deep Purple had a few lineup changes. Ritchie was the best, but Tommy Bolin was great in his own way, and later with Steve Morse? Steve was and is so technically sound.David Coverdale is a great voice, as is Ian Gillian. I tell ya, I can give kudos for every lineup Purple went through. And the offshoots, Rainbow and Whitesnake, many kudos can be given for many of their lineups. So my answer goes to Deep Purple, and all of the line ups they had and have, and all of the offshoots they created. DP can be credited with so much more than anyone else.

15. Asmodean

I prefer both Deep Purple MII and Rainbow with Dio above Led Zeppelin as well :cheers2:

16. jaren420

jaren420 Member

of course Led Zeppelin. sabbath has many great deep songs but definatly not in the same zone as zeppelin

17. Haden

Haden Member

Sabbath rocks they were the first metal band ever

18. Hardrockerdave94

Hardrockerdave94 Member

I dunno, I like both of them, Sabbath (ozzy era) were more simple which I quite like, I know that they were ahead of their time, but songs like Iron man are so in your face which is awesome, but Zep are more subtle which is also cool, I can't decide lol

19. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

I think Black Sabbath just edge it for me.

20. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Sabbath definitely. Then Purple. Zeppelin is good, but I just don't consider them Heavy Metal.