led/cfl grow

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by bf74, May 19, 2009.

1. bf74

bf74 Member

I catch them literally at lights out, after that the tent is dark-I even put a tarp around it so the other tents dont accidentally leak light in a small tear or whatever- I'm a little OCD about that, lol. I just packed the veg tent with-4 la confidentials, 3 nightshades, and 2 blueberries-16 oz cups of ffof potting soil cut with 25% hydroton-ph balanced water.and thank you

2. bf74

bf74 Member

getting closer to making this a productive system- diggin the led/cfl combo.

3. bf74

bf74 Member

todays pics-

4. bf74

bf74 Member

and lights out-

5. bf74

bf74 Member

day 35 nightshades

6. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Top post bf well over due that some one did an led grow. Think i missed or its a silly question on my behalf but could ya describe how you positioned the lights? Coz looks like you've got led panels on the sides of you growing set up thats giving side light and giving very full stems of buds, thats definately one advantage over hid's as ya can only really position them above.

7. bf74

bf74 Member

thank you Rocklobster, The cfl's are horizontally mounted-the panels and ufo's are on the sides of the tent- and thanks for noticing the full development on the stems-you really can get those leds in there-which I think is their real advantage, and not the bogus claims the merchants make-90w=400w- not in this life-time.Thanks again, peace

8. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

With hps and the fact i grow bushy type plants its hard to get the all over donkey dick of bud that you've grown the only way i can do that so is to bloom directly in front of a window with side light and quarter turn every day.
    Q. Maybe a bit early to be asking about this but how long do the led's last? And is it a slow decrease or a sudden cut off in power or the spectrum output?.

9. bf74

bf74 Member

you know, I was wondering the same thing- I've read some ridiculous claims-one company was claiming 20 years! But I think it's closer to 5-give or take.And I really think at that point they'll just sizzle out. I'm not savvy enough to give an informed answer as to whether or not they lose efficiency over time-I'd imagine anything would.And thanks again!

10. bf74

bf74 Member

heres some snaps from this molrning

11. bf74

bf74 Member

here ya go-

12. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

looking good :cheers2:

13. bf74

bf74 Member

thank you, and I keep staring at that tree man-it haunts me.

14. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

looking really good mang! Great job with those leds......almost comparable to my hps buds, damn good job!!!

- 42o -

15. bf74

bf74 Member

thank you my friend! For my next grow I'll be adding 150w of hps to 250w of led- I think the function of these leds at this point lends itself to supplemental lighting-they did a great jog with cfl's- cant wait to see how they interact with hps!

16. bf74

bf74 Member

todays pics

17. bf74

bf74 Member

update pics

18. bf74

bf74 Member

19. bf74

bf74 Member

nightshade 47 days to max amber

20. bf74

bf74 Member

just got a bigger tent and I just happen to have some more gear stashed-250w hortilux mh/hps switchable hid lamp with lumatek ballast;) + 250 watt of led- this should be cool-8 medium size plants in 2 1/2 gallon containers of ffof- blueberry, nightshade, la confidential, blue hash, california hash plant, big bang from greenhouse,