Leaving LA for the Day to San Diego

Discussion in 'Find-A-Ride' started by Duncan, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

It's a relatively short trip that could be done in a day. I've been thinking of going between Los Angeles and La Jolla for a Saturday. Has anyone spent the day there? Anyone interested in trying it?

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Rotten Willie

Rotten Willie Members

Surfed off Sunset Cliffs in the dead of winter once. Damn it was cold. The Scripps Institute Aquarium is pretty cool.

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Given that it is some 6 - 7000 miles away, its not something that can be accomplished in a day or even two.

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

I once lived in La Jolla, it is a nice place. Some very wealthy people there, and on the heights above the cliffs are a number of famous institutes like Salk's.

There is a famous nude beach there, Black's Beach. Locals will point out the way...

I liked watching the hang gliders launch from above and glide around. Lots of fun! Say hi to the seals :)

Sorry I am too far away to join you for the day, but have fun!

The train from LA to SD stops near La Jolla I think... not sure. It's a bit of a drive otherwise :)

scratcho likes this.
  5. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Pacific Surfliner Train | Amtrak ... There is limited train service, but when I am in a city that has things that are spread out, I generally like to have my own car available to get me where I want to go.

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Mother and stepfather owned a Restaurant-bar in La Jolla back in the 50s--60s--El Sombrero. Nice town,decent beaches.

~Zen~ likes this.