Leave Me Alone!

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by honeyhannah, May 15, 2004.

1. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Usually when I have an amazing dream that doesn't drift from my mind when I wake up I start up a story about it, so a few nights ago I had an amazing dream and I had it again last night. It won't go away, it keeps crawling through the tunnels of mind, so I tried to write it out, but I couldn't get past a few words, I feel guilty really guiltry and also kind of stupid, and foolish for thinking about writing this dream, but it won't leave me alone! I don't know what to do! The dream is continuously played out in my mind, I'm thinking about it all the time, but I can't write it. :(

2. Musikero

Musikero Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wow, I don't remember having the same dream twice. Then again, I normally do not remember my dreams. Maybe you'll get to dream it again tonight. Hopefully you'll be able to write it down. Good luck!:)

3. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

The Muse can be very persistent, can't it? LOL Yeah, I've had it keep me awake at night, more than once... lol

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Just relax and you'll find the words.

TTFN

Sage

5. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

What ended up happening is last night I wrote many, many poems about it, and I feel very much at peace with the situation and proud of what I ended up writing!

6. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

I wish I had cool dreams like that. Usually my dreams (the ones I can remember anyway) consist of me doing something stupid in front of people I know and either getting laughed at or feeling embarassed. I wonder what that could mean?

7. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Lately I have been writing alot and am finding that my best stories usually involve symbolism forming(from) my dreams, and crossed over interpretations.

8. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Definately that's why I love dreams so much, they're not hard to figure out really, especially if you start to write about it, you really start to understand how they work, at least for me anyway.

9. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Aye. Feeling fortunate to have met someone online that is good at finding knowledge to heal the psyche through dreams. He's over at SOREX(a board hosted through ezboard.com). Even intensely abstract ones. yay. hehehe.

10. evil i 13

evil i 13 Senior Member

Dreams are the subconscious answers to questions our conscious minds haven't yet learned to ask.

11. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

Keep a loaded shotgun by the side of your bed. The next time your dream shows up, blow it away. This also works on television sets, bill collectors, the neighbor's dog, you name it. Just don't say Dirtydog said it was all right.

12. evil i 13

evil i 13 Senior Member

Would u go about that the same way edward norton killed brad pitt in fight club?

13. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

Obviously I wasn't serious. I'm a dog owner and very protective of dogs. Who is Ed Norton? As for Brad Pitt, you mean one of his characters getting killed on screen? I don't know the details.

14. evil i 13

evil i 13 Senior Member

yeah it's from a movie everyone should see. obviously i wasn't being serious either. i was just pondering how to kill a dream. more of an existential joke than a serious question. But anyways "Fight Club" put it at the top of you're Netflix Queue or whatever. It's kind of a mindfuck.

[​IMG]
    There is an exception to every rule, including this one.

15. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I keep on having dreams, on waking I think that would make a great story, then I ethier forget them or they just seem silly, I'm going to have to keep a pad and pen by my bed
    S

16. Spirit Wynd

Spirit Wynd Member

Sound like your subconcious mind has an important message for you to know...
    pay attention and write all you can about the dream, and get a dream dictionary. Sometime's images in a dream are actually metaphors trying to get a message to you. Things don't always mean what they're showing you in the dream... for example, death doesn't mean death, it means change...
    Other than that, I've gotten out of bed and started writing directly from a thought or a dream and have created many stories, poems, and even a whole novel from them.
    Peace everyone

17. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

"At dawn my lover comes to me and tells me of her dreams,
    With no attempt to shovel the glimpse into the ditch of what each one means."
    -- Dylan, "Gates of Eden"