Learning to draw

Discussion in 'Art' started by Napoleon Hill’s Spectre, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Napoleon Hill’s Spectre Members

I would like to learn to draw. Admittedly I have zero natural talent at drawing. Can anyone suggest any free resources to kick start by drawing lessons.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Irminsul likes this.
  2. morrow

morrow Visitor

Get some charcoal pencils, soft, a white drawing pad.. and go for it..
    No one does anything for nothing.. you tube has some awsome charcoal lessons.
    Enjoy

Take a look

3. Look up graphic design courses

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm the same with zero natural talent lol. I have an artistic mind but not physically artistic, maybe at writing when I try. I've tried many book to draw. I'm a better tracer lol. I've done some okay stuff before but it never naturally felt good. Like the drawing of my miss coming out of the shower and my double horn unicorn of my dream, greycliffe.

I'm alright with photography too. Bit abstract but I get it done.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  5. Try drawing from observation
    2A66C35B-FDBB-4EE9-BE11-A0712B4949EC.jpeg B4D8A7C4-73C2-473E-BBD1-C63876726BA0.jpeg

6. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

I think they are intended for people with a natural ability who want to improve and gain employment. Not somebody who would have failed kinder art (if it were possible) and is looking to improve so they can be more arty and crafty for the benefit of their kids.

7. They are for anyone mate

8. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Is it easy to pass? Or a tough course?

9. If you do a good job with everything it's pretty simple to pass. But if you are like me and find some units hard to do you have to take a little longer to complete them.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Half the job of drawing something well is looking good at the subject matter. The other half is practice. Of course there are some handy tricks and techniques too but if you wanna draw just keep in mind practice and looking good are the most important things.

11. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Step 1: Practice
    Step 2: Practice
    Step 3: Practice
    Step 4: Copy
    Step 5: Practice

12. Sammanta

Sammanta Members

Learning to draw isn't something that can be learned by jsut following a few steps like those stupid " learn to draw books " Its something that comes with time and lots of effort - and defiantly Patience and practice. check those articles Drawing Essays - Examples and Topics | Artscolumbia

I suggest you start out by learning about how things are composed of shapes and how all that stuff goes together.
    From there move on to the human anatomy, such as facial porortions and then the body if you've got those things down pat you should be good to go.

by the way if you want to draw anime. DO NOT START OUT WITH THAT.

I swear to god. going right to anime will STUN your drawing abilities. Drawing people with over-dramatic hair and slightly larger eyes with lots of highlights will be some second nature.

Asmodean likes this.
  13. this is fun

this is fun Banned

Practice makes perfect.
    Buy a sketch book and try and draw what you observe.

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I've become quite the artist...............

[​IMG]

15. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

Start by copping a drawing of a photo then another one then a nothing one then another one and so on! Eventually try drawing one on your own with out coping! You might if your lucky by then have some art tellent of your own! It's a long shot!

16. Poplo.

Poplo. Members

What I ment is trace not copy!!!!!! Sorry about that!

17. Poplo.

Poplo. Members