learning tarot

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Indriel, May 11, 2004.

1. Indriel

Indriel Member

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm learning to read tarot right now & really just wanted to share how brilliant I'm finding it! I only started a couple of months ago & have already learned so much, not just about meanings/interpretations of each card, but gaining a bit of knowledge on how to live well, meet life's challenges, be happy & accepting of myself & others, getting to know myself.. Ok, I'm ranting..
    I'm wondering, if there are others who are into tarot, do you feel like certain cards 'speak' to you, like you're drawn to them? For me it's Temperance & the High Priestess, d'you think its representative of where I am in life right now, or what I need to learn, perhaps... Also, I'm wondering, d'you think exploring the symbolism of the cards would help in interpretation, or would it just make things a bit confusing??
    Any thoughts, advice, insights, would be so appreciated.
    Peace & regards
    Indriel

2. veinglory

veinglory Member

I think it is important to understand the different meaning each card has, rather than stick to one meaning (normally a recent, British one like Waite). Different meanings apply in different situations depending on the querent question and surrounding cards.

I used to have a great book that gave different interpretation for each card, based on different belief systems. It was more confusing at forst but then you saw the common features and the way different people have read and modified the cards, so you get a deeper understanding of them in the end.

p.s. I generally use the magician card to represent me, it always felt best to me and the more I learn about its meaning the more it 'fit'.

3. Indriel

Indriel Member

Hi,
    Thanks so much for the advice & suggestions, they were most welcome & appreciated. Gaining as broad an understanding as I can is a good idea, everyone who interprets the cards brings their own experience & wisdom into it, & all have value & knowledge to learn. I know a woman here who's helping me & she's brilliant, she's very open to hearing my own interpretations & encourages me to gain my own insights & understanding in to each card. She has also mentioned the importance of cleansing my deck. I keep my cards wrapped in a square of silky cloth & have a wooden box for them to live in, & I composed my own kind of personal blessing for them.
    Again, thank you. Regards & peace, Indriel