learning European languages

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Disarm, Aug 23, 2005.

1. pabsy

pabsy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

tak.. iakshen

2. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

hehe, don't worry, German is definitely NOT so difficult to learn! You just need to get good bases.. and then it's all simple :)

3. gulfwinds

gulfwinds girasoles para los amigos

Sarcasm is your friend? haha i understood!

4. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

.. and I have no idea what he said :D

5. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

Oh you are so right :D

6. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Learning languages is one of the most important, exciting, interesting and soul expanding things you can do:) Just had to say that...
    Just wish i was better at it! Am currently learning French...I tried to learn German and failed. Bleh.

Bisous-Maxi.Xx

7. Olenka

Olenka Member

I'd like to learn Dutch. Is there anybody here who would like to learn Polish and teach me Dutch? By e-mails or MSN...

8. Laura-the-flowergirl

Laura-the-flowergirl Long haired child

aw, I wanna learn Russian but it seems so difficult :(

9. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

aw, maybe it seems to be, but isn't.. :)

10. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

hmm.. jeg snakke dansk and ég tala íslensku :) yeah, i'm not real good at danish, damn that language is complicated.. lol i know a few words in dutch and german and yeah, that's about it.. :)

11. Laura-the-flowergirl

Laura-the-flowergirl Long haired child

cool, what can you say in Dutch?

12. Disarm

Disarm Member

*confused* :(

13. Gerva

Gerva Member

is there anyone who can suggest me a nice swedish grammar book , english explanations..

14. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

I can recommend Swedish Comprehensive Grammar by Philip Holmes and Ian Hinchliffe, or Essential Swedish Grammar by Julian Granberry. Published in London and New York respectively. The first one will cost you a bit more, and the latter is a budget alternative. The others I know were all published in Sweden, so they may not be as easy for you to find.

15. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

Yeah well it's okay danish, correct would be "jeg kan snakke dansk" but one of the things that's weird is all the rules that apply to less than half of our words, and the fact that written and spoken danish is only somewhat alike

16. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

haha yeah i know. i'm rubbish at danish, even though i've been studying it for more than 3 years.. we have to study it over here, it's stupid.. i don't see why.
    it's a cool language and all, but it's really just too complicated for this stupid blonde over here haha :D

17. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

You have to study it [​IMG] Well it's because we were mean vikings and we enslaved your men and raped your daughters, well either that or we just took your island [​IMG]

Either way, hehe... You have to learn danish [​IMG]

But it's really okay, I've had german for 4 years now, and I can like just order beer and such...

Really I don't see why either, we're like 6 mio people speaking it, it's not the language that comes in handy most times [​IMG]

18. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

hahaha yeah, cause when your king was our king a lot of danish people lived here so they started teaching danish in schools. but we got out independence in like 1940 or something.. but they're still teaching it in schools. it's just pointless...

oh well, there's not much that i can do about it lol

19. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

sure there is, gather a group of people and make a mass boycutting, take a stand, make a fucking statement... "Danish is weird, we want cookies!!!"

Something like that :rolleyes:

20. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

oh we've tried that already..

they didn't even want to give us cookies... [​IMG] it still makes me sad.. what does a girl gotta do around here to get a cookie!! hmm.. maybe she should get off her lazy ass and go buy some... *thinks about it* nah, don't feel like standing up.. :p :p