learn french in a week?

Discussion in 'French' started by punkerchic, Jun 14, 2006.

1. spetactical

spetactical Member

That is an intersting statistic: 59.9%, it sounds so precise. It is true that the languages share roots but French was not the root language. That type of propaganda seems likely from the French though...lol. Both French and English share the influences of Latin, Greek and quite a bit of German (from early Germanic tribes that occupied the area). French and Spanish are more similar in grammar and content than are English and French.

2. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I am glad to say that after five weeks at french class, I am able to count numbers, say the alphabet, ask someone their name, their age, their profession and where they are from.

I can ask how much something is.

Understand the different ways of saying the word In:

En
    a'
    au
    aux

I can respond with questions about how old I am (I hope)

For example:

Quelle age avez vous?
    jai 24 ons.
    Quelle votre est profession?
    Je suis professieur(For example as not really a teacher more like unemployed)

3. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Ask how they spell their first name (prenom)

Ask someone how they spell their family name (Nom de famille)

Last night I paired up with somebody and they had completely forgot even the most basic of French question. like Comment vous applez vous?

4. spetactical

spetactical Member

Good work, keep it up :)

5. jay

jay Member

as for the good mornign issue
    maybe the french don't have good morning because they have such good wine and constently have hang overs?
    really, cultural diffrences can make lang learning quite diffacult
    As for the ham sandwich fiansco, it would tecnikly be "une sandwich du jambo" or literal translated,"a sandwich of ham" so it kind ameks sense