Lawyering Up When You Are Innocent.

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by Jimbee68, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I was wondering. If you are guilty of some crime, and the police haul you in for questioning, you should demand to speak to a lawyer. It's your right.

But what if you are totally innocent?

I mean, I know police have a way of making innocent people confess. Read the news stories about this. So what should you do then, in a situation like this?

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

2. WrongVerb

WrongVerb Members

My ex used to work in the prosecutors office. After witnessing a lot of shenanigans, she was emphatic that you should always lawyer up regardless of innocence or guilt.

Josephinelcajon and Piobaire like this.
  3. Oldernbetter

Oldernbetter Guest

Wrongverb said it ALL. Their job is to justify their pay' They don't care about the truth ,they want to home!

4. Take them to court. Serve papers on them

5. Varmint

Varmint Member

The general rule is: Don't ever talk to law enforcement. Their job is first to escalate a situation or interview until there's reason to arrest and convict, whether you're guilty or not. They are professional liars by trade and can't get punished for it.
    Also, if a cop wants to arrest you for some bullcrap reason, however "out there" he or it may be, there is nothing you can do or say to stop him or change his/her mind. Keep your mouth shut. Their primary concern is finding something to arrest you for, and that is all, no matter where you are or what your situation is. Keep your mouth shut and let your lawyer deal with them. Make that lawyer your guardian and buffer from them. You can sue an entire department as well as perhaps get that crooked one fired from his or her job afterwards, but let the lawyer answer their questions. Heck, don't even let them know you are capable of speaking anything but the word "LAWYER!".... Better yet....make motions for a piece of paper and pen and write it down, or keep your lawyer's card on you for just such things.

6. WhatJustHappened

WhatJustHappened Members

Unless you know your law, and I mean you can quote by paragraph/subsection.....
    It’s your right. Even the in-house ones do a better job than you could by yourself.......
    Unless of course you didn’t learn the first time and happen to be a habitual law breaker!
    Silence is golden, and that is the key.

I’m completely innocent! And I have the tests to prove it! I still needed legal assistance for things that either cannot go wrong, or, make no damn sense to me!

I agree with the above statement; it is there job to escalate things.

It always seems that the unit is made up of good cop bad cop, I think only once I had a pair that were ok!

One incident, this copper starts grabbing at me and being all obnoxious, so I said, “hey mate what’s your problem? I’ve done nothing wrong!”

He said, “yeah well I don’t know you”

And I said, “ I don’t know you either and you’re not making a good first impression”

His face was a sight! His attitude changed slightly.

Bless them though, they ain’t all bad!
    (Trust in them has been slightly restored after my last two encounters, and the few I met through the social circle seemed to be stand up guys.)

7. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Innocent or not, the one with the most money wins.

8. WhatJustHappened

WhatJustHappened Members

Don’t say that!
    Final hhearing Monday and I’m out gunned!

9. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

I was in the law business. Always, Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always, etc.

Demand a Lawyer when you are Mirandized. You have th right to remain silent. Exercise your rights. Have I said Always enough times. Put glue on your lips.

If they have enough to book you they would, if not you walk. The only thing they want from you is evidence against you, So, once again

Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,Always,, etc demand a lawyer.

Have I made myself clear? OH AND ONE MORE THING. IF YOU ARE BLACK DON'T SAY A SINGLE FUCKING WORD. THE DECK IS STACKED AGAINST YOU AND HAS BEEN FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS. HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?

THEY ARE FUCKING BASTARDS AND ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS CLEAR THE CASE. THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE NOT GUILTY AS LONG AS THEY CAN MARK IT "CLEARED BY ARREST."

If you need more convincing watch a tv show called "FORENSIC FILES" You won't believe how many people are in prison for something they did not do. But cops and Prosecutors were very happy because they cleared the case. Prosecutors have a big budget and Public Defenders usually cannot even higher forensic experts for defense.

scratcho likes this.
  10. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

99% maybe 100% of police officers are good people who truly want to help victims of crime however that's not the point. The point is, police officers are humans and they make mistakes. Don't be one of their mistakes. If you are ever mirandized you are a suspect. As a suspect, you have rights and you should always exercise those rights. One "You have the right to remain silent." Exercise it. "You have the right to legal representation" Exercise it. I have seen people not exercise these rights and it may end badly for you. Don't let it. It's not a Law and Order script, it's potentially your future.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

What to do if you are arrested or detained
    • Say you wish to remain silent and ask for a lawyer immediately. Don’t give any explanations or excuses. Don’t say anything, sign anything, or make any decisions without a lawyer.
    • If you have been arrested by police, you have the right to make a local phone call. The police cannot listen if you call a lawyer. They can and often do listen if you call anyone else.

Know Your Rights | Stopped by Police | American Civil Liberties Union