Laundry

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bella Désordre, May 19, 2007.

1. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i despise laundry with an unholy passion. i will avoid it for a month if i can. which is why dave took it over. i don't know why i flip out about it so much. i just do. so dave does the laundry. funny thing is, now the girls go through much less laundry.

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Loads more experience--how very punny. [​IMG]

3. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

:lol: ..............

4. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

it's my knack.

5. hiro

hiro pursue it

I do whites, lights, darks. Lights and dark with cold water and whites with bleach and hot water. All my laundry is done :D

I like doing laundry I just hate putting it away. Between four girls someone is ALWAYS doing laundry.

6. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I hate putting it away too ):

7. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I throw it all together. I also don't discriminate against towels and sheets, if they fit in the washer, in they go.

8. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Same here. But I let towels airdry since I suspect they're too abrasive toward other clothes in the dryer.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when in doubt, read the care lables. everything else goes in the same load, more or less once a week. one thing i do, is run the machine a second time, the first time with soap, the second time without. (wifie's underwear and my socks can be irritating to each of us if i don't.) then into a not too hot dryer for not too long.

if there's enough for two sepperate loads, my socks and her underwear go in a sepperate load from fuzzy or heavy things, like sweaters and dish towels or any anything that accumulates irritating greases and oils. these i otherwise don't do with the regular laundry anyway. sometimes they go a lot longer then a couple of weeks before i do, other then rinsing them out in the sink between heavy uses.

and there are some things that i air dry too. like blocking sweaters on the living room floor under the heat vent.

of course once the weather gets nice, there's a lot of things it's nice to line dry.
    probably if we had our own place, instead of renting, i'd have lines up where it would be possible to dry everything this way, but one of life's little realities is that we don't.

=^^=
    .../\...