Latest word-Pemit Denied

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by hippiestead, Jun 23, 2006.

1. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

See what happens when a few Rainbows take it upon themselves to play the permit game; the FS denies it anyway. Maybe they want the Rainbows to Gather at a site with endangered species....it's happened before, the FS wanting us at a site that is totally inappropriet(bad spelling) for a Gathering.
    One reason sited for the denial of the permit is because there is only one way in or out...is that because they want better access to pull the night raids that they've also done before????

The permit situation is just an FS game, not meant for the protection of the environment, the forest, the locals or anything; it's just a way for the government to 'prove' that they have control over the Rainbows (which they never will have because Rainbows are free thinkers!)

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

your under arrest if you dont sign a permit..ok..i'll sign..permit denied..your under arrest for not having a valid permit...nice lil scam they got goin huh?
    last years permt forced us onto a site 1/8 the size of most, the purpose, force us to impact the land heavily so they can say look, they destroyed this site..didnt work though, cleanup still went perfect

3. soaringeagle

ok, i just read over this site with info on the permits
    http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/nfs-regs/fs-training.html
    theyre required to provide reasonswhy it wss denied, in writting at the time its denied, & is then subject to immediate judicial revue
    so..my question is, what was the reason cited for denial?
    (not that i want a permit orr anything, just curius)

4. RouttCountyAlliance

RouttCountyAlliance Member

The permit was denied for two reasons: 1. the area proposed for the site of the gathering is accessed by one road and doesn't provide sufficient access points in the event of an emergency such as a wildfire. 2. the Forest Service reported that the Rainbow Family gathering poses conflicts with forest uses for businesses that have priority permits and activities planned in the area during the same time as the proposed Rainbow event, according to a Forest Service news release.

5. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

In Alliance with Whom?

6. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

umm so how many people are on the land now??

ive heard conflicing reports,, but lets go with ,, say 800..

so what are they going to do,, call in the state trooppers,,the state bi's a few more forest freddies,, an bring in buses to arrest 800 people??

7. hippiehillbilly

umm the allience against revenues to there town perhaps??

8. hippiehillbilly

ewwww acording to there own web site 2000 on the land and only 218 citations issued thus far..

Diann Ritschard, 970-870-2187

Rainbow Gathering Media Update

12 noon, June 22, 2006
    (Steamboat Springs, CO) June 22, 2006–Approximately 2,000 people are at the Rainbow Family gathering site and the numbers continue to grow daily. The gathering area is located approximately 30 miles north/northeast of Steamboat Springs or about an hour's driving time. Forty two total personnel from the National Incident Management Team (NIMT) are assigned to this incident, including NIMT members, Forest Service law enforcement officers (LEOs) and four resource advisors. The Forest Service is being assisted by the Routt County Sheriff's Office.

Forest Service law enforcement officers have issued approximately 218 violation notices to date.

An application was submitted for a noncommercial group use permit for the Rainbow Gathering on June 20. Forest Service officials at various levels are evaluating the approval or denial of the permit with consideration of several criteria involving environmental, health and safety concerns. The Forest Service has 48 hours to respond to the applicant.

Public health officials entered the gathering site on June 21 to inspect kitchens, slit trenches and address other sanitation issues. Forest Service resource advisors have also visited the site to monitor and evaluate campfires, kitchens, latrines and other areas that could potentially impact natural resources.

Forest Service LEOs continue to patrol the gathering area and issue citations to anyone entering the gathering area or determined to have come from within the illegal gathering area. A safety and information checkpoint was not staffed on June 21; however, law enforcement personnel continue to distribute flyers stating that the gathering is in violation of federal regulations.

an heres there press release on the permit...

News Release
    USDA Forest Service
    Rocky Mountain Region
    Medicine Bow & Routt National Forests, Thunder Basin National Grassland

Diann Ritschard, 970-870-2187

Forest Service Denies Permit for Rainbow Gathering

(Steamboat Springs, CO) June 22, 2006 – Today, Forest Supervisor Mary Peterson denied an application from an individual for a permit to allow the Rainbow Family to gather on National Forest Land in North Routt County.

The application was received for a permit Wednesday, June 19, over a week after the event became an illegal gathering when the group exceeded the 74 people group size limit. The permit was denied because it did not meet criteria set forth in the Code of Federal Regulations for noncommercial group uses.

The reasons for denial include:

The area proposed for the event is accessed by one road, providing inadequate ingress/egress in case of a large fire. A significant amount, 60% - 70% across the landscape, of the forest surrounding the area is dead or dying from the extensive beetle epidemic. Forest conditions are ripe for large fires. In recent years, large fires with rapid spread are more frequent than they have been in the past. This situation poses a public safety hazard.
    The event poses conflicts with existing uses for businesses that have Priority Permits and have activities planned in the area at the same time as the gathering.
    Forest Supervisor Peterson stated, “The group showed up without any coordination with the Forest Service, even after numerous attempts. Events of this magnitude require planning and careful consideration of public safety and natural resource protection. No one is exempt.” Forest Service officials first attempted working with members of the Rainbow Family in September, 2005, for this year's gathering.

Large groups have a constitutional right to gather on National Forest System lands. They also have the legal responsibility to attain the required special use permit. The permit establishes the time, place, and manner in which the gathering can take place. The permit process and requirements have been upheld by the Supreme Court and do not interfere with constitutional rights.

-end-

FUCKEM WE ARE THERE TO STAY PERMIT OR NOT,,.. HOOO RAAAAAAA

9. hippiehillbilly

SO THE LOCALS CAN GO PARTY DOWN THERE,, AN THATS ALL GOOD,, BUT WE ARE NOT ALLOWED CAUSE WE MAY BURN THE FOREST DOWN??

PFFFFT...

10. hippiehillbilly

RUN FAMILY THAT IS ABLE GET THERE A.S.A.P.!!

in Ottaviano's own words.. taken from ,,
    a article posted on AGR from the denver post..

11. *Foxy*

*Foxy* Member

12. soaringeagle

they musta known about these businesses (i.e. logging?) habing these priority permits long before they began the harrassment & citations ..aditionsly, 1 road in does not mean one entrence 1 exit, i cant tell ypu how many gathering have had no road in or out
    every national has dozens of trailsw in & out from all directipns
    and if there is a road through the site..thats 2 exits since i'm certain it doesnt just dead end in the woods but continues through the site to a fs road
    lastly, if the site was approvable as far as access goes for the "business use" the exAct same criteria would allow its use for a non commercial use
    do they really think we're all braindead idiots who cant see through all the holes in theyre arguments?

someone please try to get more info on these suposed priority permits, including the dates filed & approved, the exact locations identified in the permits & the proposed uses
    im sure any ofthe family lawyers on site already are on the ball, but still id like to be armed with as much truth as possible when i get there

13. soaringeagle

14. campfire-fly

campfire-fly Member

We're coming home. I'm a journalist, I'm going to have the press release faxed to me, if anyone has any insightful questions or insightful + tackful statements you believe one in my position should consider before interviewing these subjects on this manner, please post them here or pm me.
    I gather information, document and observe - that is my function.

15. hippiehillbilly

SHOUT OUT TO DRUMMIN MAMMA!!!:D
    I KNOW YA HAVE A BUSY SCHEDULE SISTER,, BUT SURLEY YA KNOW WHERE TO ACCESS THOSE RECORDS.. THEY ARE PUBLIC AFTER ALL AN YOUR WELL IN THE LOOP THERE..

come on help a brother out??

love n light..

16. pen

pen Member

Actually it does just dead-end, there really is only one way in and out. Hwy 129 is the only true thru-road in the area and that's about 5 miles from your gathering site.

17. RouttCountyAlliance

RouttCountyAlliance Member

Soaring Eagle asked a specific question - I simply posted the answer as it was stated by the FS.

You seem eager to incite conflict?

18. hippiehillbilly

no i seem eager for as many of my family as possible to make it home for the sacred day of the fourth..

so just where do you purpose 2000 + people move to and set up a infrustructure in 7 days for 20,000 people??

is yer alliance gonna pay fer the move??

cause i gaurantee ya a lot of folks have thru a shit pot load of green,, cash babylonian promisary notes,, whatever ya wanna call it to bringing we as a family together to celabrate..

an face it fully 70% of people on the land now work over 6 months a year.. and many are well educated,, such as public school teachers..

they have the summer off to do there part for the family..
    i dont see why you seem so threatened,,nor do i see why you feel im inciting ,,one would assume yer insinuating violence,, because im encouraging my family to go home..

do you fear your allience cant be controlled?? do you fear your allince may become violent??

because i have no worries about my family,, they will blend,,an itll all be good..

love n light..

19. soaringeagle

yes in addition to what i stated above, what are the criteria for "priority permit" status, since the regs state s[ecificaly that all groups will be evaluated by the exact same criteria, therefore why are permits granted to one group but not another
    additionaly i think the real circumstances of the blockade incident need to be investigated & exposed

to all steamboat residents, 2 years ago in california, modoc national forresst, the fs attempted to create a huge wedge betweeen the locals especialy the local tribes, & the family using deceite & manipulation they nearly succeeeded and thetribal elders were brought to the site in an attemt to further incite distrust, however after family members had a chance to speak one on 1 with the elders theyre minds opened & a lets wait & see attitude was adopted..after the gathering wound down & cleanup was completed, the modoc press gave ussome ofthe best praises i've seen in print, the fact is, it was the fs itself that did the most dammage at that, & many other sites
    if your worried about the resources as much as we are, do research into the "priority business use permits" that will be the real destruction of the land

thats what this issue isabout really, use vs missuse ..proffit vs prayer

& the justification for a 3/4 million dollar budget to harrass peaceful people
    iurge all localsto come on out & judge for yourself..gop right on by A-camp & make the trek into the heart of the gathering..then go back 6 months later or a year & see if u can see any sign we had ever been there

then dothe same at any 1 of the areas the fs allows to be clearcut

we live in the forresst, we see what they are allowing to happen..that is the only reason they try so hard to tell us where to go
    some sites we gather on are full of missile craters, others are near 30 square mile tank ranges
    hows that affect the environment not to mention wildlife?
    yet theyre "permitted" to blow holes in the forrest for years, but to gather peacefuly to pray we're denied?
    all ya gottado is think about it, & do alittle research and its plain to see who the real danger tothe forresst is.
    i'm not including the resource management folks in this, they generaly are a great group with theyre hearts in the right places, but the rest of the incident team..the leos & therest are totaly unnecasary andarea part of thereal danger tothe forrset

before the allegheny pa gathering i spent a couple months wandering those woods b4 the very 1st folks showed up, i'd been up & down every trail that wasremotely navigitable, & i can tell you not many didnt end at an oil well, or leaking tank or clearcut or stripmine..the lands being raped by those charged to protect it

we see this & choose to protect it out of our sence of sacredness, not because we have to justify a budget, but because the beauty makes our hearts soar..butthe destruction makes usweep for our mother

sorry if i rambled, guess i hadalot to say

20. hippiehillbilly

luvin you brother,, i just paraphrased for ya.. ;)