Latest economic news

Discussion in 'Politics' started by booshnoogs, May 11, 2004.

1. Jozak

Jozak Member

So what? Countries outsource to the United States as well. Look at Mercedes, BMW, or any other foregin company that has plants and employs Americans. You can't force companies to stay here and then expect to have forgein ones to come in as well.

2. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Actually, I agree with you Boosh. We don't agree very often, but I too read statistics, then asked my sister (an econmics major) and only like 1% of jobs are outsourced to other countries. Now, I haven't got the exact facts and figures right in front (I know I know, then why bother posting) but I know for myself the truth and that is what matters.

Boosh maybe you can help me out on this theory that I've got, because I really don't study economics, but the jobs being outsourced, are those people making significantly less than they would here? Are they doing jobs that could actually be done here? Or are the jobs being outsourced because the technology is better elsewhere?

3. Mui

Mui Senior Member

boosh where are your sources for these statistics anyway, because they dont seem to make much sense