Late night hosts and animals

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by unfocusedanakin, Aug 9, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I think it's a requirement for them to act like death is near when they have animals on the show. I guess it's what the public wants. The host has to jump up and run away or say something like "he's not going to eat me is he?". He is afraid to touch the animals and he always has to make smart ass jokes while the expert is explaining. Jokes are why they they make the big bucks but sometimes I find it disrespectful at that moment. Stop interrupting please!

For an animal person like me I find it so ridiculous. First the fear and running around is not helping. The predatory animals think if you run you are food. Second, they have picked animals who are tame enough to handle the sounds and bright lights of the studio. They know these animals and they will not put you in danger calm down, I just want them to discuss the animals in peace and the host is acting like a jackass.

I admit I am one of those crazy hippie white people who does not get mad when bears are near my house. I think "wow nature is so awesome. I respect your rights my bear friend". One got into my truck a few years ago I was mad he fucked up my seat not mad he was looking for food.

I guess you can all laugh when I get eaten.

themnax, Driftrue and highlander69 like this.
  2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

watching captive animals is never rewarding

3. highlander69

highlander69 Members

I love seeing bear in wild.. lest black bears .They never bbother they just looking for food..In the fall they become dumpster bears when the berry and trees are losing there leaves they looking to fatting up for winter..But I don t get to close....

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Another trope is to compare the animal to someone they know, like a family member or something.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

watching late night tv hosts is never rewarding.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i prefer the company of non-humans at all hours.
    as for tv, i find being passively entertained mostly boring,
    but i do, when they're saying something i haven't already heard repeatedly,
    do watch the latest depost from commidy central on youtube.

i mean whatever time of day it is, i just always have something more gratifying to do,
    then to be passively entertained. the closest i come to that is to read a book of some sort of genre fiction,
    either about science and engineering or mystery mostly, or some kind of role playing world,
    like patapatooie's strange lands, or some other anthropomorphic role play like iron claw.

but more often i'm either thinking about visually expressing my own imagined worlds,
    or actually doing so.

in the day time i like to go where i can sometimes see feral creatures,
    be they cats, reticulated ground squirels, or whatever else happens by to look at the odd silly human, which consider they're saying hi.

i don't go along with this idea that everything that isn't a member of our own species has to be owned by someone who is.

late night, any time of day or night, its the internet for me, and efff the damd tv.

Driftrue likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like animals.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i also agree with the op's perspective on this, which i hadn't thoroughly parsed before my previous post, having grown up in the woods surrounded by natural creatures myself.
    and having learned at an early age how much more likely they are to run from then approach you given the choice.

and the way tv hosts act toward ambassador creatures for entertainment certainly does create a false narrative as to the nature of life in general.

they're not pets, but dam, you're not lunch to everything that isn't either.