Late greetings from Sweden

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by mludd, May 6, 2007.

1. mludd

mludd Member

Well, I've had this account for a while, and I had another account before this one but I forgot both the username and the password but now would probably be a good time to introduce myself in a deliberately vague fashion. :D

I'm a twenty-something male from the northern half of Sweden and I'm actually pretty uninteresting (at least by the metrics used by most people :p ).
    I spend most of my time working (boo!), watching Star Trek (does wanting to know what happens in the next episode count as an addiction?) and discussing various things online.
    When the weather allows it I also enjoy just walking around, observing the world.

Politically I used to be quite left-wing but nowadays I'm not sure where I stand, I sympathize with the left-wing parties, various environmental groups and free-speech organizations but I also realise that there are a lot of nutjobs in that corner (as I've associated with way too many of them myself).

Hopefully I'll feel welcome here and contribute to the various discussions going on in the forums. So, hey everyone! :D

/mludd

2. johnnystillcantread

johnnystillcantread Member

I spend most of my time working too so I thought I would say hello and welcome. Cheers!

3. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Hey, welcome to the boards. I'm Brie. Enjoy yourself here. =]

4. westham

westham Member

welcome on board.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

welcome to the forums :)

6. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Hi! Nice to meet you, you know I've wanted to visit Sweden for a few years now but it hasn't been affordable to me yet. For now, it'll be great just communicating with someone from there.

With that said, I'm very interested in who in the left you would consider a nutjob, and why. I'm just curious about your perspective, that's all! ;)

7. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Hey there, and welcome to the forums. I'm Lauren :)

8. mludd

mludd Member

I'd say there are quite a few individuals with weird ideas on both the political left and right wings, I suppose the reason I'm hung up on the ones on the left is because I support a lot of the basic ideas but I don't like how certain people always take things to extremes.

As for en example, we had a politician here in Sweden who suggested a tax for all men to compensate for all the bad things that men had done to women over the centuries, and there were people who actually thought this was a good idea.
    You can read more about her on Wikipedia .

/mludd

9. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Hello mludd & Welcome to the forums.
    We have loads of nuts here.
    I don't do the four letter word thing any longer, retired.
    Have lots of fun.
    Peaceful thoughts your way..... Farmout :)