last two beers you tried for the first time

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by nesta, Jan 3, 2005.

1. nesta

nesta Banned

what were they and how'd you like them?

my last two new tries were Edmund Fitzgerald, put out by Great Lakes Brewing company and Flying Dog Pale Ale, which i believe is made in CO, but i forget the brewery. both were pretty damn good in my opinion...

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I like the Great Lakes Brewing Company stuff, burning river ale etc.

to tell you the truth, I have no recollection of the last new beer I've had...probably some arrogant bastard ale I got at the Ravari Room one night.

3. nesta

nesta Banned

isn't the ravari room the relatively new place connected to hound dogs or something? i don't go to campus that often, i dunno.

how've you been? i'm going to CSCC now and moved out with a friend all the way to Gahanna -whew!-

it's been a while since i've been active here in the forums, mostly cause i don't have internet (or even cable or a phone line) in my apartment.

4. seamonster66

yea, its connected to hound dogs, looks cool but filled with OSU students. Only been there twice....they may have the most extensive beer selection in town though, or at least it seems that way.

Thats good about CSCC...was wondering if you were still around.

I've been OK, been better, and been worse

How you liking life after high school?

5. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

I tried two beers on New Years Eve, cuz they didn't have our preferred brand. One was Mirror Pond Pale Ale - yuk, tasted like tangerines to me and the other one was Mack and Jacks Wheat (Heffenwisen sp?) - very, very good.

6. seamonster66

I remeber drinking Mirror Pond when i lived out your way....the most evil girl I ever dated swore by it.

I always liked Full Sail and Pikes Place Brewery stuff from up there.

7. TARABELLE

Yes, those are very good. I would rather have a Red Hook ESB or IPA, though. [​IMG]

8. seamonster66

I like Red Hook too, I remember when i first lived out there, 1993 I think, it was still all brewed in the one location in The Ballard part of Seattle. I remember touring the brewery...isn't it made by coors or something now?

9. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, i try to avoid OSU kids for the most part. too rowdy and obnoxious for my tastes as a generalization...though i do enjoy a few of their parties every once in a while if i know the people...

i've seen better days as well, but i'm nowhere near as bad as i've been several times in the past, mostly just lonely. i love having my own place to go home to every night, and i'm enjoying school so far. i still work in westerville though, i got a job delivering pizzas (i'm a Minuteman, please save the obvious puns) and it's pretty good money for being so disgustingly easy

being out of highschool is great though. i miss some aspects of it, such as walking through the big front doors high as a kite in the mornings and being gauranteed to see certain people on a daily basis, but i wouldn't go back if i were paid to do so.

unfortunately things haven't all been good...best friend busted for having syringes on him, his ex is getting clean and thats good, other close friend of mine is pregnant and still in high school, and all sorts of other problems abound, but luckily for me the only thing that i really have to deal with for myself is the loneliness and trying to quit smoking cigarettes ...luckily never done needle drugs and never will...

10. seamonster66

didn't you have a girlfriend, I thought I remembered that.

Good call on staying clear of needles, don't need to open up that can of worms, unless you want to be able to get lower than you thought possible....

If you have a fake ID, maybe we could meet up for a beer sometime....I still live in Westerville to, maybe I'll order a pizza :D

11. nesta

nesta Banned

to the best of my recollection, the only IPA i've had the chance to try was called something like "Alexander Keiths" or something. do you guys know what i'm talking about? i only ever bought one bottle (room service is great that way) and it really didn't do all that much for me. come to think of it, i think i hated it. but that night's slightly cloudy, i drank a good deal of sake and a good bit of La Fin Du Monde and some other beers...

anyway, the point is i remember disliking it, and i was just curious if the majority of india pale ales taste along fairly similar lines as alexander keiths? (just wondering if it's likely i'll dislike them as a group or if i just had a beer that rubbed me the wrong way)

12. nesta

nesta Banned

nah, i don't have a fake ID and wouldn't know how to go about getting one. i'm trying my best to steer clear of criminal elements as much as i can now that in the view of the law i'm not a kid anymore (but in reality i am)

the problem is i am no where near having harvestable marijuana plants, so for pot i still rely on a dealer...who just got a gun...see him jail in a year or two i suppose, but hey, his pot's pretty cheap for the level of quality it is. i just don't want to be there when the shit hits the fan, and i am almost certain it will eventually.

yeah, i had a girlfriend for a while...its been about a year since that though, with -nothing- in between but rejection and various other issues that have come up. seems every girl i want to be with is a lesbian or is going out with a POS guy who treats her badly but she won't leave him, or they flat out don't want to go out with me. so it goes. like i said though, i've been far worse.

13. TARABELLE

[​IMG] I don't know what that beer tastes like, but they are not all the same. i do find alot of them have that tangarine taste (that's the closest I can come to describe it) and I don't like those at all. But then there are others that don't have that bite and I like them alot. I just get the bartender to give me a taste do I don't end up with a whole beer I don't like.