Large Stars account for Dark Matter?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by guerillabedlam, May 25, 2019.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is it possible that really large stars like hypergiants can account for some of the phenomena that astrophycists usually attribute to dark matter? Such that galaxies should be flying apart.

I was aware that the sun was not among the largest stars, however until recently, I was unaware that there are stars which are several billion times larger than the sun.

That seems like it would have a significant effect on spacetime. Perhaps with the prevalency of stars and the rarity of such large stars, the effect might be negligible amongst a galaxy but I'm wondering if it has been considered.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Asmodean likes this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

My own belief is everything expresses particle-wave duality. We have both a big bang and dark energy, because one without the other is an oxymoron along the lines of what is the sound of jacking off? A black hole inhabits the center of our own galaxy, with an electromagnetic torus feeding it and extreme jets erupting from both poles, while the stars on the outside edge of the galaxy don't obey Newtonian mechanics and would fly apart if they did. The particle transforms into the wave, while the earth's orbit within the galaxy is about 3/4 of the way out, providing us with just the right balance between too much mass and energy in the core, and the outer rim being barren and lifeless for the most part.

Giant stars simply obey this same principle, expressing their particle-wave duality in a modified form. Our sun expresses its particle-wave duality as fusion energy, transforming its mass into energy. Eventually stars evolve into objects such as neutron stars and black hole that express their particle-wave duality in more explicit terms. A neutron star is not even made of normal matter and doesn't obey normal physics, but is a completely quantum mechanical object with different behavior, while a black hole is widely considered the most quantum mechanical macroscopic object observable. What you have to account for is how the laws of physics are falling apart over scales and magnitudes, and not how any classical reasoning can save the day, because dark energy is accelerating the universe faster than the speed of light.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

large stars like gabriel iglesias?

4. Probably the people who developed the universe just programmed everything not to fly apart and the gravity of dark matter and stars has nothing to do with it.

5. wooleeheron

Our universe is the toilet for the one next door, explaining why politics always stink and the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Potentially an interesting wrinkle in my speculation.

"A gigantic stellar black hole 15,000 light-years from Earth is twice as massive as what researchers thought was possible in our own galaxy.

The black hole is 70 times more massive than the sun, the scientists wrote in a new study. Previously, scientists thought the mass of a stellar black hole, formed from the gravitational collapse of massive stars, couldn't exceed 30 times that of the sun"

Stellar Black Hole in Our Galaxy Is So Massive It Shouldn't Exist | Live Science

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Now you have me worrying that it will kill us all!

:dizzy:

8. wooleeheron

The physics are all wrong, their theories are all wrong, and they damned well know it. Astronomers keep encountering evidence that destroys all their theories, the same way physicists did when they first discovered quantum mechanics. Relativity cannot account for our galaxy being a double spiral and not flying apart as Newtonian mechanics suggest it should. Dark matter fits the bill, but has proven to be impossible to detect, while another theory proposes morphogenetic fields where energy and information are always at right angles to one another, explains the rotation of our galaxies as expressing the overwhelming influence of the giant black hole in the center on our thermodynamics. My own belief is that their morphogenetic field is merely a rudimentary step towards the principle of identity vanishing down the toilet altogether. Gravity and the heat of the cosmic background radiation sort of blend into the horizon the deeper you look into space, with the other side of the universe expanding away from us at faster than the speed of light. Space even appears to be different on the largest of scales, with the largest of the farthest galaxies from us appearing to be magnified for unidentifiable reasons.

Notably, we have both a Big Bang and Dark Energy, as if the two express particle-wave duality, while the Unruh Effect of quantum field theory suggests radiant heat is the wave-like manifestation of matter.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  9. Black holes are actually tiny, though, while still being massive. Even light cannot escape this object that could fit in the palm of your hand. This is a power too mighty for even Thor to wield.

I wonder about gravity wells. It just doesn't make sense that matter enters into a hole or a well as we understand the concept.

10. I mean it would have to be a hole that stretched inward, right? Gravity would be pulling spacetime towards it uniformly in all directions, I should think.

Hmm

11. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

"Dark matter" is a pile of bullshit. Like 11 dimension String theory, and quantum entanglement and teleportation. Dishonest fantasy sensationalist nonsense that plagues modern science.

It's the pure crap they spackle in to the gaps and holes of our current knowledge and understanding.

12. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I've seen dark matter . Blacker than black . It seems to be alive . I heard a media report by a researcher who is learning to observe it . His
    initial description was , yes , familiar . I am pleased . And patient .

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I've read the headlines but haven't read the story yet. Why couldn't this black hole simply have resulted from the merger of two or more smaller black holes?

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I tend to agree.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've been saying that for years.

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I wondered that as well, the articles I've seen haven't mentioned that as a possibility. I briefly looked over Black hole mergers and saw that it primarily mentions Supermassive Black Holes involved in that process but I saw nothing suggesting it prohibits that from happening with other Black Holes.