Language

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Maon, Jan 11, 2005.

?

Is this the language of discussion and debate?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I think everyone loses their temper once in a while, that is natural. Especially if they are goaded.

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

...you just HAD to LOWER the tone didnt you Sam!! here we were talking maturly about the social interaction between people on this internet disscussion forum and you come along with your sorded mind and............................

.....how good? :p

3. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

And that, Claire, is the definition of hypocrisy. One rule for one person, another rule for someone else.

4. EarthWhirler

EarthWhirler Member

Everyone does lose their temper. Didn't see any goading going on tho'. Is it alright that Meng was threatened and never received an apology?

5. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I wasn't refering to anything in particular I was just stating a fact.

I don't think I have said anything wrong anywhere on this thread so why are you both jumping down my throat?

I actually think I deserve an apology from someone... but I doubt I'll ever get one.

I give up...:(

6. DoktorAtomik

I feel the same way. I'll apologise to you if you'll apologise to me :)

7. EarthWhirler

EarthWhirler Member

Huh? I wasn't jumping down your throat! I was responding with a point that I thought needed making, I would've said it to anyone. Your comment was very ambiguous and thinking about it, I don't think I understand the relevance if you weren't referring to anything inparticular. My intention wasn't to have a dig, I would apologise but I'm not sure what for! :(

8. EarthWhirler

EarthWhirler Member

You do know I'm an Essex girl right? :X

I never knew they made sex this good!!!! And I am an Essex girl :eek:

9. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I don't have anything to apologise for Stu. Anyway apologies shouldn't be trade offs they should come from the heart and be truely meant.

I don't believe you even think you have ever done anything wrong.

Please leave me out of this whole debate now.

Thanks

10. DoktorAtomik

More blatant hypocrisy then. It's ok for you to believe you're above criticism, but I have to accept culpability unquestioningly. I offer an apology (and y'know, it was a heartfelt and sincere offer, but hey) which you just use as another excuse to attack me. Considering I'm supposed to be the one who's unreasonable and aggressive, I think there's a number of people in this thread who need to take a long, hard look at their own behaviour. You accuse me of disrupting the harmony of the forum, and yet you yourself seem to be interested in nothing other than confrontation and negativity. It's fucking laughable.

11. Claire

Claire Senior Member

You didn't offer an apology you said you would apologise if I would.

What have I to apologise for?...

Agreeing with Sal that we need less agression etc on the forums?

Agreeing that we all lose our temper sometimes me included when goaded?

Being annoyed at you for quoting private conversations out of context?

Being annoyed at you for dragging possible personal problems (told to Sam in confidence) onto a public forum?

Trying to speak for all the people that daren't add to this thread because they are too scared (by you!!!) to do so?

or For sticking up for you for months to people because you are my friend?

What????

12. DoktorAtomik

I suggested we should both apologise. I don't particularly care who apologises first. I'm sorry for upsetting you. There y'go.

I think we've been over that to the point of exhaustion.

What.... the.... fuck?!?! When?!? Where?!?! You're off the planet! I've never disclosed anything regarding your personal problems! Hell, I didn't even know you had personal problems!!!!

Well that worked out well, didn't it? Maybe a word in private? A PM, text, email, phone call to express your opinion and discuss things with me before attacking me in a public forum? Yeah, thanks for that.

Sorry Claire, but you're way off the mark.

13. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I haven't attacked you.

I am sure everyone but you can see that.

Did you not receive my PM earlier today?

14. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

I think we should all go on Jerry Springer

15. DoktorAtomik

I don't think we'd all fit. He's only a small chap. And I'm not taking sloppy seconds :p

16. Claire

Claire Senior Member

would be fun trying though:X muahahaha:p

17. dibblydowcus

dibblydowcus Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Claire
    I think everyone loses their temper once in a while, that is natural. Especially if they are goaded.

I fail somehow, again, to arrive at the same conclusion as you on this Dok...everything else that has been said aside. I don't follow your logic here... This is surely just a personal observation. How is it hypocritical?

Please explain your lambast.........

18. Maon

Maon Member

This thread is about bringing things to a head .. it was aimed at dok for the consistant way people are hammered into the ground. In doing so I spoke for many others. This is the point.

In doing this I have had to question and critise my own actions and believe me, no one is harsher on myself than I am. I have gone through a huge change in my life and and am still learning how all the bits go together and I do fuck up I am sorry but I am aware. Its all happenning so fast. I can be very self destructive and that was why i reacted to meng as i did as i too have only just held certain things together in my life and he was just so flippant ... .my comments still stand as i posted to meng but without the threat of violence, for that i apoligise. This may help explain the observations Sam made about my recent posts, yes that may be true, but as paul says about himself and expresses so well... if only you could see my face when i am typing it...

Dok. I am truly sorry for any grief this has caused you .. believe me when i say the same i have felt over the last few days.

i believe that this will be good for us all .. god knows we needed it as a community we really fucking did.

Come chat with me on msn or fuck msn for being so impersonal want to meet up in glastos in the very near future and have a good chat sometime?

peace to you and sam

19. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

We'd only end up under fire from the Evangelicals....

20. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I'm glad these issues are being resolved. Sam, I could have deleted this thread, and I thought about it, but after speaking to both Dok and Giles I thought it best that their issues, and Dok's argument with Col, be resolved here without spilling out onto the rest of the forum (in exactly the same way as I didn't close a simillar poll about Treehouse being a child killer). Once everyone's finished with this thread I'll be happy to close it and say no more about it. I can see both sides of the argument here. Dok and I disagree over what constitutes a personal attack, but I can also see that must have felt angered by this being dragged out in public. And I find myself caught in the middle, with charges of bias thrown at me. Yes, that's likely to happen, I'm only human, but I'm still trying to uphold the forum guidelines that bind this community together, and will continue to do so to the best of my ability and as impartially as I can. At the end of the day I think these arguments were necessary and they had to come out. A tambourine and a pipe of peace to all....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.