langerado cancelled!

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by st. stephen, Feb 3, 2009.

1. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

2. BudGuy

BudGuy Member

i didnt think the line up was all that great anywayss, not as good as the first couple i went too,,,

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

thats just the beginning.. wait an see how many festivals are canceled this summer..
    welcome to the next great depression kids,where festivals are a luxury only the rich can afford...

4. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

i dont think so... bring a shit line up to a shit city, no bodys gonna go and it will not make it. but look at wakarusa, they fucked up, got a lotta hippys busted, threw a shitty fest and everybody was sure it was done. now there back with tight line up at an amazing new venue and now everybodys back on board. this isnt really a lesson in what the future holds for music festivals in our current depression, but more of a lesson for people throwing a music festival. if u give a good line up at a good venue we will come, if not than we wont. were not retarded, i gurantee u if they had brought a solid lineup back at big cyprus where it was last year, it would have done fine. let it be a lesson to those who try to mainstream a jam fest.

but you are right, money did play a big issue this year. i think making it a non-camping city festival is what completely killed it. had they left at cyprus i still think it probably would have managed even with the god-awful line up, but, how are a bunch of poor ass hippys suppose to afford hotel+travel around miami in addition to the tickets.

5. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

couldnt agree more with st stephen above...

this lineup was absolutely terrible...especially compared to some of the other fests....AND no camping at this fest which means you have the hassle of getting a friggin place to stay and transport to and from the festival grounds (WEAK SAUCE) and also no cool vibes from camping with thousands of other people...

just a really terrible idea and there was really nothing good about this fest this year at all...they should have known this was gonna happen...

6. skamikaze

skamikaze Coffee Addict

Plus it was supposed to be the same weekend as Hampton.

7. pokinsmot

pokinsmot Member

All Good lineup is sick, very similar to wakarusa's lineup but its much closer to me.