Lance Armstrong

Discussion in 'People' started by DarkLunacy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

some may consider 20/15 vision from Lasik surgery would be considered cheating

2. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

There's no rule against it. :bobby:

3. Sam101

Sam101 Member

There isn't, but it's sort of like being augmented.. So, it's kind of the same as using steroids...

I mean steroids enhance your performance right? Well so would enhancing your eyesight. :afro:

4. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Some golfers already have perfect eyesight...

Give it up, there are no advantages in Golf other than playing well. :cool:

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I can't help but wonder if there have been other countries that have also "doped" but not been caught. AND I say "caught" for lack of better word...for Lance was never caught by the 100s of tests he was given. It was the (I'm sorry here but imo this is the truth) whinny-baby-pissy-pants fellow cyclists that felt the need (after they NEVER won like Lance!) to "come clean".
    Probably the other country's cyclists would have kept their mouths shut and been proud they had a winning cyclist like Lance.
    Oh, but let's just forget all about the MILLIONS of dollars he donated to cancer research and the mental/emotional strength he helped to inspire...because he was caught "doping"...and by that, of course I mean it to be such a form of doping that it took Odon II to explain it in detail (on pg 7) so that it was even clear!
    I really can't believe all of you...DOPING! Doping can and DOES mean a lot of things to many of us...but trying to get extra red blood cells is something I would bet NONE of us would have ever considered "doping".

6. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Of course there have.

7. odonII

odonII O

What about the design of the clubs and the rules relating to them?

8. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

There is a list of approved clubs and balls that is published every year by the PGA, if your equipment is not on that list, it's not legal. Players equip is subject to inspection anytime during a tounament.

There have been violations, usually unintentional..Like a guy who accidentally left his sponsors prototype clubs in his bag (they were identical to his legal clubs except for the weighting) after testing them at the range the day before a tourney. He called the violation on himself halfway though the game when he realized. Most violations in pro golf, players call on themselves.

In pro golf there are cameras and spectators everywhere...though the rule itself is the most controversial in golf right now, recently a player 'grounded' his club before hitting the ball out of a sand trap and a spectator reported it after the game. Officials reviewed the vid and concurred.
    He was disqualified for signing his score-card in violation. Poor dude didn't even realize he was hitting out of a sand trap it was so scrubby, he thought it was rough. lol

Be sure to take note I'm talking about PROFESSIONAL GOLF!
    The rest of golf is rife with cheating, mostly in the form of lying on your score-card to improve your handicap... don't even get me started. :(

9. odonII

odonII O

10. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Yeah the wedge grooves thing lol, all those wedges became illegal because the grooves were just a little too square. All it does is gives a little extra traction in the grass. For all the different kinds of shots you hit in a golf game, it's really a small advantage, almost nill for amateurs.
    For guys like Phil, who is one of the top wedge players in the world, those are his money shots. No one wants to see Phil getting away with something.
    I'm on his side though, it's a stupid rule.

The PGA will take care of it if they see fit, and I hope they do.
    IMO fuck ping anyway, they've used deceptive practices to sell equipment to the general public..But thats another topic.

11. Sam101

Sam101 Member

"Doping" by definition:

dopĀ·ing (d[​IMG][​IMG]p[​IMG]ng)n. The use of a drug or blood product to improve athletic performance.

Huh... And that's from the Free Dictionary... WTF... I never would have thought of "blood products" as doping either... But there it is....

Weird... :afro:

12. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Yeah Lance kinda got a free pass on the blood products because it was part of his cancer treatment.