Lance Armstrong

Discussion in 'People' started by DarkLunacy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Very good...:D

Not professional golf though! lol :elf:

2. odonII

odonII O

Aren't they all functional alcoholics? :leaving:

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... Not sure about that functional bit though.

4. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

I don't see how drugs help cyclists.
    I once smoked a chubby while tootling along on my bicycle-and I was being overtaken by old ladies walking their poodles!

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

who cares if he was a doper.. his 7 tour champs turned into millions of dollars donated and raised for cancer research...

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I guess we can wrap the tour up now then. It served it's purpose right. And give him another medal. If you falsely earned so much money it's all good when you give your (now ruined btw) name to a good cause and of course some other nice brands. What a hero.

7. Sam101

Sam101 Member

Actually, if you think about it, he should get the freaking medal BECAUSE he was on drugs. I don't think toking up would have HELPED his performance any.

Just a thought lol...

As someone else mentioned, toking a fatty while riding a bike and zoom go the old ladies lol... I kinda hope that's hyperbole for the sake of being funny though...... :afro:

8. odonII

odonII O

He wasn't smoking marijuana :ssmokeit::smilielol5:

9. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

How many millions of those yellow plastic wrist bands are out there chocking a albatross now.

10. Sam101

Sam101 Member

Specifically an albatross? Tough to say, probably as many as there are those plastic thingies are that are trapping dolphins. (you know the things I am talking about, the 6 pack holders, the plastic that holds them together)
    :afro:

11. Asmodean

Let me say though that as a guy from bicycle country I have cut many times through the air and atmosphere like a knife through the butter when cycling home at night from a toking session at a friend's place :biggrin:

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

So how many people in this thread that have voiced their disappointment, anger, mistrust, etc., etc. are actually effected one fucking iota by anything that has anything to do with Lance Armstrong, or pro cycling to elicit such responses????????????

13. Asmodean

You mean affected personally by his actions? Does that need to be the case in order to utter our disgust about a world wide known screw up who was praised and glorified by us all when we were made to believe he did it all by the rules?

14. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Fixed it for ya...:D

15. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

I just heard interviews with cancer survivors who both held Lance as their personal hero. One didn't care about the doping and the other was pretty disheartened.
    Go figure...

As far as it concerns the average joe like me, well sometimes it would be nice to know when someone does something thats above average it was entirely due to their own personal effort as a human, not a freak of science.

16. odonII

odonII O

We are on a forum where we are supposed to share our opinions. :gossip::argue::juggle::leaving:

17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

what denotes ''affected personally''...

jesus christ...i think its safe to say none of us here came second and got screwed over for a first place jersey.....

but i was personally affected enough to allow lance to enter my thought pattern which in turned caused me to want to discuss it in a thread...

i thought it was fun to necro post an old lance thread cause i just knew there would be one

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

wow, struck a nerve I guess.
    I'm just so completely unimpressed, uninterested, and disdainful of celebrity hype and bullshit the media outlets pump out in a never ending onslaught of intellectual diarrhea, that when I see a lot of you folks jumping on these media fueled bandwagons I am in dismay.

I guess the bright side of it is at least here the only one profiting from it is Skip. :p

19. Asmodean

I would normally agree with you about celeb hypes but do you really not see a difference between this matter and such an empty matter as how fat one has become or who cheated how many times on who?

20. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Bicycle racing is an international sport, little bigger than some Kardassian tabloid crappola.

I've followed the story of Lance because I dig most athletic endeavors and bicycle racing in particular is a sport that is at least relate-able to anyone who's ever ridden. Most sports you need a team to play, or at least an opponent. On a bicycle you can train , push your limits, beat your best time, ect, and almost wholly participate in the same actions and thrills as those athletes, all by yourself.. (albiet on a much lower level)...

Tell ya what, even if Lance Armstrong never doped, he would certainly still smear your ass on a hill-climb. ;)

I really doubt Skip makes a huge profit from this site, prolly more a labor of love. :)