Lance Armstrong

Discussion in 'People' started by DarkLunacy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Man I started to have an ounce of respect for this guy. He was sponsering the cancer thing with the yellow band and doing something noble and I thought "wow thats bitching." Then I saw this comercial of him cycling cross country and started to get all curious about it then "Just do it -nike swoosh-" I was pissed. Fuck Armstrong the capitalist using his disabillity as a cash cow!

2. Spinner

Spinner Member

What's your point?
    :mad:

3. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

hahahaha my ex boyfriend was a cyclist and he was SO obsessed with Lance Armstrong!! I think he liked Lance more than he liked me!!

4. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

It bugs me because all these athelets and stars and celeberties get behind something amazing like a fight against cancer or aids... Then hock some bullshit product like shoes made in sweatshops

5. metro

metro self-banned

I was disappointed to hear he and his wife split up. I read his book It's Not About the Bike and I was impressed w/their relationship. Celebrity always seems to get in the way. He's an impressive guy though, as an athlete.

6. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Shit now the assholes hocking bottled water... God I hate people

7. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

yeah people can be not great but..

what was the song in the commercial?

8. riptiderevolucion

riptiderevolucion Member

It's Not About the Bike opened my eyes to the total hell Armstrong went through, and left me feeling all the more impressed with him and his accomplishments.

9. metro

metro self-banned

Me too. He's a beast. He deserves success, he earned it. He's a greater man than most, anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

dont worry dude....lance is getting fucked up the ass by all his sponsors...some will demand their money back

i am personally torn

should i even give a shit?

should i pat him on the back for scamming everyone on account of i have scammed before and gotten away with it

should i turn my back on this dude...i mean he married my ''crush'' sheryl crow...no way he woulda got her if he didnt cheat

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think it's ok to point a finger and laugh at him.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

mr one nut.

13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

can someone with aim or yahoo send the op a message and tell him to get his ass back here and maintain his thread?

14. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Awwww--he's a fuckin' cheater. he couldn't do shit without the drugs. Same as that female sprinter they caught,Marion Jones. After they caught her and she raced,she couldn't beat the girls who didn't cheat. Probably the same with him ,only he's done.

15. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

bicycle racing has always had drug cheating. They all did it and if you didn't, there was no point in competing because you will lose. You gotta remember back in the day Bicycle racers were fucking rockstars in america, big winners would buy football teams 'n shit.

[​IMG]

Heh, guess what the performance enhancing drug of choice pre-1900's was?

From Wiki;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_cycling

[​IMG]

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ill bet after a tab of Hofmann he aint so fast..

17. Ausguy90-

Ausguy90- Guest

I feel sorry for the guy. Strip awards yeah but don't go taking funds away from a cancer foundation. That's just pathetic no matter how you look at it. And who really cares anyway? He was a cyclist and the last I saw, cycling just isn't that much of a big deal. Now there's reports about the cycling federation may not be able to continue. Damn, a bloke did drugs several years ago, who cares???

18. Sam101

Sam101 Member

Well, dude has to make a living somehow right? He might be a sell-out in some people's eyes, but he'll always be a hero in others.

It all depends on how you look at it. Of course it could be said that being a sell out is always a bad thing, but I mean what if you use the sell out part to do good (cancer research donations?)

Does that still make a person a sell out?

Do the ends justify the means I guess is what it boils down to, and of course if that is of course why he endorsed Nike.

19. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I feel the same. I feel sorry for him too. Hasn't it already been widely accepted that most athletes at that time were doping? That's just one era in the sport, another era follows. No point punishing the guy now. If the Cycling Association is going to crumble because of this, it couldn't have been too strong to begin with.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes, why not?

Valid question, my opinion is clear: NO. And just because another 60% of the pro cyclists might also do doping isn't an excuse neither. This is not made a big deal of in my opinion, it just is a big deal. If you are not into cycling or the Tour de France you might perhaps think why bother but if you care about pro sport and the official rules that were made Armstrong is rightfully bumped from his pedestral and to still call him a hero is ridicilous.