Ladies - Need Innocent, Tasteful Advice

Discussion in 'Ask a Woman' started by Jude96, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Jude96

Jude96 Members

My 2 sisters have let me down. I surprised my wife with 3 days at this little inn on a lake nearby for this coming weekend. I want to add a few little surprises that might make it even better but I'm having trouble thinking of things. It can be something to do with food, activity, romance. I want to make it great because we haven't had much time to ourselves since having kids. We also had kids almost right away into our relationship so our getaways have been pretty much nonexistent. Which is fine. We have a family and 2 young children so I'm not complaining. But I have no idea when we are going to get another chance to kind of have a couple days just us, especially with all that is going on. If you think it's a dumb idea to ask on here, maybe you are right. I just figured some words from any woman might give me a few ideas that I couldn't come up with on my own. Peace and love. Thanks.

Sambone, ~Zen~ and mysticblu21 like this.
  2. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Thanks. Just gave me an idea. Might do like a hot chocolate with a thing of baileys. I found an idea to dress it up a little and make it look nice. I wish it was colder so I could take her ice skating but that is looking doubtful. Thanks for responding.

~Zen~ and mysticblu21 like this.
  3. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Your idea to get away from it all for three days is wonderful. Adding to that would have to do with your knowledge of your wife.

Thinking of myself, I have long hair and under "normal" conditions I get a few inches cut off twice a year and include getting my hair washed. For me it feels luxurious to have my hair washed and scalp massaged. I have a friend who hates this. What are some simple things that would feel luxurious and relaxing for your wife?

You could get a stack of post it notes and leave little notes around each day about what you love about her or how grateful you are to have her in your life.

Write her a love song or love letters.
    Good luck.

oldguynurse and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The thought is good but your timing is lousy !!! - you want to whisk your wife away somewhere ??? - fine, but for Covid - 19 !!! Stay within your locality UNTIL the virus has passed and you've all bee vaccinated against it, then you may celebrate with impunity !!!

Sambone likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

jude, as you know I'm not a woman. But I think your inn at the lake is romantic enough a gesture. If you want to augment that, I'd get champagne (unless you're like me and you don't drink).

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Thanks. The post-it notes idea is great. Maybe I'll check a last ditch effort at a massage or something.

~Zen~ likes this.
  7. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

The place we're going is only 20 minutes from home. We are going to be in our own room that has been cleaned and sanitized, and not used for days. They have limited guests. I did the research and we have been careful throughout the pandemic. We aren't going on a packed cruise ship. We are likely to keep to ourselves. But thanks for concerns.

Sambone, Calibabe39 and ~Zen~ like this.
  8. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Thanks. Yeah I might do some baileys and hot chocolate. It's one of her favorite little combos that she rarely drinks. :)

mysticblu21 likes this.
  9. Vladimir Illich

If they have other guests apart from yourselves, then irrespective how cleaned and sanitised the place may be, you should NOT BE GOING AT ALL !!!

10. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Ahh shit I am signed in under my wife's name lol she left computer on

Sambone and ~Zen~ like this.
  11. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Agree to disagree. We will be wearing our masks if leaving the room and not within anyone's company for the 15 minute face-to-face period it takes to spread the virus. Being in a segregated room and remaining away from the general public has a very low risk for contributing to the spread of the virus. But again, I appreciate your concern.

Sambone likes this.
  12. Vladimir Illich

It requires just one infected person (irrespective whether they have symptoms or not) to touch something which you then touch subsequently and inadvertently you have become infected. Again I would say for your own health and every other person's health STAY PUT where you are now until the virus has passed.

13. Jude96

Jude96 Members

They are finding that this isn't really the case. The virus is more airborne. In schools they are starting to allow kids to share art supplies, etc. because they are not seeing that the virus is staying for long on surfaces, etc. There is a reason they have opened up restaurants, etc. People need to do their due diligence if they are choosing to do these "first steps". We wash our hands, wear masks and stay socially distant from others. In my opinion, we aren't putting others in danger and don't feel the exposure level is incredibly high. Do what you feel is right for you, but we have gone out to dinner on rare occasions and take the proper precautions. We aren't being reckless but we are taking part in very limited activity outside of the walls of our house. And unfortunately, the virus isn't going to pass. It's here and with the advancements with the vaccine will help curb the side effects if someone does get the virus, but it won't completely make you immune to it. Unfortunate but Covid is a thing now and we are trying to all adjust accordingly.

14. Vladimir Illich

Ok, have it your own way, but it was you who was seeking advice - I gave you good advice !!!

15. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Not on the topic you're discussing. I never asked for advice on what you think my family should do with regards to Covid-19 safety precautions.

Spectacles and ~Zen~ like this.
  16. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Well I probably ruined any chance at a surprise because I didn't log her out when writing on here. I'm sure she'll get notifications of this post. I don't know how I've made it this far in life sometimes.

mysticblu21 and ~Zen~ like this.
  17. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A reasonable approach. Note my screen name. Years ago I have done ICU Isolation, with pts who could give us things, so mask, gown, gloves. Also Reverse Isolation, where if we gave them things they'd die, again, mask, gown, gloves. As I understand it now, the virus particle is not transmittable (a virus is not actually alive) on a surface for more than about 30 minutes. And in that time we'd have to touch our nose/mouth area afterward. Thus, the ever-present bottles of disinfectant and/or washing which we all live with lately. Also, it's predominantly airborne, so the ever-present masks.

Given all that, common sense should prevail.

18. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

You'll be fine mate! Just be yourself and show some love :)

Jude96 likes this.
  19. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Exactly. We've been very mindful of all this. Haven't been hanging out with friends or going to gatherings. It's been our family, work and have gone on the occasional dinner out. I think the precautions and guidelines give enough information to do some of these things safely. Of course there is SOME risk because you're leaving your own home. But we have been playing by the rules all along. If something is open and feels safe, I don't see why going to that location would be seen as a high risk factor if all parties are following the same rules.

20. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Ha ha. Thanks man!

~Zen~ likes this.