Ladies: do you prefer alpha men or beta men

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Courtney Green, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah that's what I was going to say ^

Soul, you just need to find one who, for whatever reason, didn't realise she was hot until a later age.

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

As a side note.. I highly recommend that film. It's brilliantly made, very interesting and insightful (based on the real story) and also hilarious. A particular drug scene is one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Net wealth. The cars their choices of mates own. Social status. Maybe even looks or morals.

Courtney Green likes this.
  4. CLDL

CLDL Members

Which for me translates as guys with huge complexes in many/most cases according to my experience... Tend to get very dull very fast, in my opinion... Could make for good lovers, though, but only for a brief period of time. They are very easily threatened by the most ridiculous things...
    They cannot cope with women with strong personalities...
    Good for fantasies... Not in real life
    But that's just my humble opinion

ScarlettJ and Courtney Green like this.
  5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't consider what you've just described to be "alpha" then. Just a guy who can fake it for a while. A true alpha would not be easily threatened by ridiculous things..

6. Courtney Green

Courtney Green Members

Believe it or not, i prefer a dominant female

7. CLDL

CLDL Members

Then I've probably just encountered a bunch of the fake kind ;)
    Still, I have never been particularly impressed by the so called Alpha males... And those who describe Beta males as whiney and other not very flattering adjectives, should probably just relax a bit... Too many labels...

Courtney Green likes this.
  8. Courtney Green

Courtney Green Members

I think your personality it the typebi like

9. CLDL

CLDL Members

Except on Darth Maul :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:
    (if you would allow me the joke)

10. CLDL

CLDL Members

So true!

11. CLDL

CLDL Members

I agree with your post, but I have to wonder... Since when is a caring man not manly enough?... This sounds so wrong, it's sad if people actually believe it... Not saying that you do - I didn't get that impression

12. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Lol!

CLDL likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Then how do you account for all the guys out there making modest salaries and driving modest sedans who somehow still manage to end up in relationships?

Also, thinking women care about cars seems a very guy thing to think. I dont know any women who care about what kind of car a guy drives

And also also, once again i'm struck by how many guys seem to know only shallow, money hungry women but I dont know many women like that, if any

ScarlettJ, Driftrue and CLDL like this.
  14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I was only being half serious, but I actually watched a Discovery Channel thing about human sexuality a couple years back and, yeah, women (in general) do notice the cars that guys drive. The experimenters flashed images of guys in various places to college girls and then the girls had to pick out the 'attractive' guys. A correlation between cars and attractiveness was noticed by those conducting the experiment. To be fair, though, both sexes showed stereotypical prejudices when asked gender equivalent questions. Guys who swear up and down they don't care about a woman's breast size, for example, will still show an unconscious preference for well endowed ladies when a similar test is performed upon them. It's evolutionary, they posit, that women will unconsciously look for 'successful' guys (to provide for the lady's offspring) and guys will look for fertile younger women (to spread their seed.) I don't think it really says anything bad about us, it's just who we are.

The show did go on to say that we love who we love for individual reasons, impossible to quantify.

CLDL likes this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Interesting. I guess i'm in a bit of a bubble because I gravitate to girls who are like me, and when I see a guy in a flashy car i usually instantly think douchebag :p

But i do agree attraction is extremely hard to quantify, for both sexes. Chemistry is an odd thing

ScarlettJ, CLDL and Courtney Green like this.
  16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Haha, interesting. When I see an attractive girl showing off her femininity it kind of turns me off too. I find modesty very attractive.

17. What your answers are unconsciously, when you're being flashed images, isn't nearly as important as what your answers are consciously. The latter are the decisions you actually make, and I don't think the former has much if any influence whatsoever. It could be that people's initial reaction is to associate cars or big breasts with things they believe society finds appealing and that the presumption is being made that society will be correct as to what is appealing.

But when we're just going about our ordinary lives...I certainly don't look for big breasts, and I don't think most girls look for flashy cars. We have these whole complex awarenesses. Parts of our psyches play off of other parts. Some people are superficial, sure. They go looking for qualified candidates. Other people understand that connections between people can't be classified like that. They can truly come from anywhere, and it has very little to do with someone's social status.

Chemistry exists between people in a weird way, which I think probably even goes as far back as include childhood experiences and things like that. Who your parents are. What you really need out of life. It's not just, "Well, he drives a Ferrari; therefore, there is chemistry between us."

Meliai likes this.
  18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Interesting points.
    And now I'm really keen to know what I go for subconsciously.
    I feel I'd still want the guy with the little car that has one door the wrong colour and stickers on it. But who knows.
    I'd love to find out.

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I mostly agree with this, but it occurs to me that, all things being equal, our unconscious desires can sometimes influence our conscious actions. It ain't all about the prefrontal cortex. We are animals also.

20. Yeah, but what I'm saying is that there's no telling if those were people's unconscious desires or if there was some other reason for their selections. I would think it would be more of an association with what is commonly accepted as desirable and the subconscious assumption that it's a safe bet.

I'm not even sure if there is such a thing as subconscious desires, per se. But they would definitely be overridden by our conscious decision making, the conscious way we perceive ourselves and what we want out of life. You can subconsciously want a guy with a fancy car all day, but if, in your waking life, you just think the guy with the car with the mismatching parts is so cute and even think it's cute that his car is a piece of shit, that's going to rule the day.