Ladies: do you prefer alpha men or beta men

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Courtney Green, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yes. I see whatcha saying. You'd like my best friend. He told me all this stuff back when I was the type of woman to fall for a big ego, and he's probably the reason I wouldn't now.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think the women on this site would likely be sigmas, if thats actually a thing

In terms of money and power, that isnt remotely my thing. I've mever dated a guy who was rich, i have dated one who was relatively well off though. He tried to shower me in gifts and it honestly made me very uncomfortable

Driftrue likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

People always tell me 'that's rich' after I dropped my truthbombs :sunglasses:

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thats a bit rich

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah I kind of agree. I think this is one drawback of Psychedelics, at least to the extent I've done them. They dissolve ego and I felt like I went to that well one too many times to where I default to a state of "vulnerable, open mindedness" (Leary quote) and don't project assertiveness, fail to understand why such an emphasis is put on men having confidence.

I haven't dosed in awhile though and I think I'm slowly starting to regain some of those qualities and I'll just push the uncertainity about participating in these cultural rituals and games to the back of my mind.

ScarlettJ likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Confidence doesnt equate to ego though

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Confidence necessarily requires ego but not all who are confident are egotistical.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    ScarlettJ and CLDL like this.
  8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am pretty sure most if not all women prefer alpha males whether they wish to admit it or not. Alpha male is NOT what the media portrays alpha male to be, however.

And no, I do not consider myself to be alpha. But I am not beta either.

9. I still can't agree to the definition of what an alpha male is. To me it should be someone who can provide unique assistance to humanity in some kind of ingenious way. Like, Isaac Newton was an alpha. But he died a virgin. It shouldn't just be any old dude who is confident and successful. Honestly, a lack of original thought is kind of an asset if you want to be successful. You just run along through life without any self-doubt, adversity, mental anguish. That's not really even manly to me.

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

So what is an Alpha?

I alternate between feeling sick of this topic and also intrigued, because I have always enjoyed viewing humanity like a nature documentary. But sick of it because topics where everyone has different definitions are a headache.

CLDL and wilsjane like this.
  11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Just tell everyone that you prefer gamma or delta, then watch the epsilon look on their faces :yum::yum::yum:

CLDL likes this.
  12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Looking at that chart @StellarCoon posted, it made me realize that, like the gender spectrum topics, these classifications might be fluid. (BARF Buckets for the both of us ASAP!!)

Α β Ω Σ Γ

13. It depends on how you look at it. Humanity hasn't really been investigated on such terms, if such terms can even apply. If you were to look at it critically, there would have to be several labels.

But functionally, we only have alpha and beta, because it's just some thing people have recently been using to classify people. So alpha is any successful or assertive man. Kind of an umbrella term for a variety of men. Like, you can be somewhere like Hip Forums and have a hierarchy of males here, where some are alphas and some are betas, though on another level none of us may be alphas. Then there are betas, which is basically any male who isn't the typical male. Which usually revolves around how high their sex drive is. Like, if someone is talking about boning women and everyone is talking about that, and then someone tries to discuss something intellectual, the aforementioned is the alpha and the intellectual is the beta.

No one actually believes that as far as what they consider to be alphas or betas on a personal level, but that's how it works.

No one has looked at this seriously, though. All it is, for the time being, is a way for studly men to emasculate other males. The closest you can get is to define it yourself.

My alpha: the genius
    Sigma/beta: what women typically think of as the alpha
    Gamma: lone wolf, not necessarily successful with women
    Delta: subservient to sigmas/betas mostly, toadies
    Omega: society's rejects, school shooters and what not

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Aldous Huxley. :)

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it was probably made up by americans, and we like to keep things simple and one-or-the-other. two political parties, two types of men, two fast food sizes (large or supersize), etc.

16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Probably correct. I was watching Wolf of Wall Street last night and was reminded of this thread.
    Jordan is an "Alpha" in his world.. But when he invites the FBI guy onto the boat and tries to show off with his wealth, the guy makes him look pathetic and silly, and is clearly the "alpha" of the situation. I guess because the FBI is the more powerful/dominant "pack".

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That's an interesting example. I haven't seen the movie so I cannot expound on it...

But generally speaking, Organizational structure highlights how our abstractions often override natural roles in regards to these classifications. For an organizational "pack", we can assume the alpha is going to be the highest ranking/highest paid.

In the example of the FBI "pack", the alpha by compensation might possess many qualities of an alpha by traits but I'm sure we can imagine many organizational "packs" where this is not so.

18. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

I'm just Bluddy Gorgeous.

All the 'alpha' beta' epsilon' crap don't intererestest us thickies wot carn't spell,but bang like bass-drums ALL NITE.

I'm unforchanate in dat I ain't never gonna own a goldwell ora noil-mine...but I'm hung like a tripod,nise,generuss,can shag for AHZ nunstop and I'm happie-so YAAAY

Driftrue likes this.
  19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I would consider myself to be more of a Beta guy who is for reasons unknown attracted to girls who typically like Alpha guys. Weird... I guess I like a challenge because I go for girls who might be out of my league. It's become a pattern. And it's worked a few times in my favor. But I'm older now and more ready to sort of let it all be. I can go for less ostentatious options nowadays. So I guess, used to be more of a Beta seeking Alpha sort of guy. Now I'm just a Beta guy. :)

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

because that's pretty much all of them?

soulcompromise likes this.