Ladies: do you prefer alpha men or beta men

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Courtney Green, Feb 27, 2019.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

Isnt anybody just a Dude anymore.

is dude alpha or beta / or just a Dude?

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Didn't dude originally used to be a term by people living in the countryside or more rural areas for the more fancy looking city boy?

MochaMood and scratcho like this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

i do not know dude..

4. Asmodean

No worries dude. It appears the city boys have succesfully appropriated the term anyway :grinning:

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I prefer dudes

Eric!, MochaMood, CLDL and 2 others like this.
  6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I assume that you also prefer PAL and call NTSC "never twice (the) same color" LOL

MidnightSea likes this.
  7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

From my armchair sociologist perspective, I think the dichotomy has been diminished somewhat, primarily due to technology but perhaps it's a function of such a large population as well...and money being a really powerful conditioning agent.

ScarlettJ and Eric! like this.
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Their are three categories
    Alpha.
    Beta.
    Guys who want to be alpha, but are just full of self opinionated BS.
    :yum::yum::yum:

Eric! and Mysteron like this.
  9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The aura will tell.

Eric! likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Dutch historian dudes right :innocent:

11. Whatever gave women the right to decide what constitutes manliness? Isn't there some double standard applied to modern feminism? Where any and all women are considered "true women." But a so-called "real man" has to have a beard and big muscles and like sports and work on cars and perhaps be able to build a house or a canoe.

And in most cases those guys are total jerks. Or, at least, they lack principles. I've seen "manly men" act like the biggest babies as well. I don't really fit in with the alphas or the betas, but one thing you'll never catch me doing is whining like I see other guys whine, alphas and betas alike. If something goes wrong for them they throw a complete fit.

12. Asmodean

We men were so tolerant to grant them this right :sunglasses: It may have been a mistake :p ;)

13. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I've always viewed alpha men as being men who are confident in who they are, even if they don't match the culture's stereo type of masculinity. They are confident in who they are, treat women with respect, and take initiative for the quality of their lives. A lot of men who label themselves as ''alpha,'' are insecure and believe that women are the enemy, that's not alpha, that's misogyny.

scratcho, Eric! and CLDL like this.
  14. Asmodean

Hm, it seems to me the stereotypical cultural perception of masculinity comes closer to the exact meaning of what's an alpha male. Handling their confidence in a certain way is certainly associated with it, but being confident on itself transients alpha male characteristics.

These characteristics can be and often are just as typical for a beta man. Except perhaps where it comes to taking initiative with women (which is a stereotype too, a certain amount of men who fit the actual beta man profile do take initiative: but not like the typical alpha male would)

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I've come to the realization that I've been looking at mumble rappers all wrong. I used to think they were idiots but through their brilliant ingenuity, they have set the precedent for demarcation of alphas by tattooing their face.

16. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Yea, we all have our own opinions on it. It's what we like/dislike, what attracts us. No one can tell another person what to look for in a partner, when it comes to chemistry. It's all a unique process for everyone.

Eric! likes this.
  17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Are you suggesting you don't have an insatiable lust for guys with face tattoos?

18. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I only lust for one man, now. Face tats don't look good, imo. On anyone.

Eric! and Courtney Green like this.
  19. I think a true alpha male has some special characteristics that allow him to be a protector, defender, and leader. They can come from all walks of life. Most alphas are just wanna-bes and true alphas are very rare.

In our society, the president is regarded as an alpha, surely. But Donald Trump is as beta as they get. So are most who fulfill the stereotypical role. They just don't have that special something that makes them a true leader. They are almost all betas.

If we think in terms of deer, there are five types: alpha, beta, gamma, delta, and omega.

The alpha is the undisputed leader. The betas are all toughies vying to become the leader. The gammas are tough, but reclusive. Deltas are submissive, and omegas are rejects.

In America I would say there are somewhere around ten to twenty true alphas. There are hundreds of thousands of the rest. Many betas. I myself would probably be a gamma male.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  20. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Trump seems incredibly insecure. I'd say he believes in his own mind that he's alpha.

Maybe this is why labels aren't a good idea.

Eric! likes this.