Ladies: do you prefer alpha men or beta men

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Courtney Green, Feb 27, 2019.

1. DavidHB

DavidHB Members

Gotta be both in a long term relationship. But so many of us chaps drift into total betadom (and sadly marriage advice typically further encourages these behaviours and why it often fails).

Candy Gal likes this.
  2. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

You have to be what you are rather than trying to be something your not. Many women can tell the fakes .

3. DavidHB

DavidHB Members

I’m not advocating be anything other than oneself. Its taken a few years, but I’ve changed from the overweight depressed couch-dwelling, boozing yes-man that I was and building a healthy life of fun and new challenges that has already surpassed any high hope that this might have looked like. If that’s faking it, I’m cool with that — I’m having a truck load of fun anyway.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

That is true.
    I was messing around as usual.
    Hey Mysteron is one of the good guys. X

Mysteron likes this.
  5. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

The one I can never work out is how women always want to change you, When I met my wife I had a rather nice moustache, I'd grown it for years. Not long after we got together she started saying she didn't like it, it had to go, WHY? How come most women want to change something about a bloke, it really is beyond me.
    Generally I'm fairly easy going but I will take the alpha role when needed, such as in the presence of imminent danger, we've been in a couple of situations over the years and now my wife knows by the tone of my voice not to argue a point like for instance if we're in a pub and I know it's going to kick off with someone, if I say, 'get outside now' or 'move over there quickly', she knows not to argue, just do it as there's a reason behind my instruction. We were in Londodn once, a horrid place, she'd never been before and was dreamily walking through one of the underground stations when a train came in, 'get next to the wall now!' I growled sharply. 'don't speak to me like that' she replied, suddenly the train doors opened and she was almost flattened by a bloke with a pushbike! It was at that point she learned, if I say move, then move.

DavidHB and Mysteron like this.
  6. Fireman543

Fireman543 Members

It's there way of trying to assert dominance and be the boss

phil1965 likes this.
  7. Fireman543

Fireman543 Members

I think it is so much more than just sex. Women want a man that will provide well, give her stronge children, protect her and those children at all costs. And do everything to benefit her and her children. It also helps if she has a man that will come home and fuck the shit out of her. I think of it like lions. Female lions don't want a male around that won't stop another male from eating her Cubs they don't want a male that will sit aside and watch as another male fucks her. Some women want to be fucked by another man and that's ok, but the man that allows the fucking is a beta and the man that does the fucking is the alpha. Do you see which one she is actually fucking? The ALPHA

8. Captain Scarlet

Tbh .I don't think it matters really whether one considers themselves as Alpha or Beta .It all comes down to a multitude of factors in ones behaviour,attitude to others,dress, manners,looks ,shape, attraction.

Every person will have their idea of their ideal type and what appeals to them .

Romper and DavidHB like this.
  9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

10. Xyzobomb

Xyzobomb Members

Asked wife this question. Also asked her what category she thought I was in.
    She said I'm not really either but she would say I leaned more to being a Beta male.
    She says for a one night out/sex date she would prefer an Alpha male as she likes to be taken control of. She love hard sex and being thrown around the bedroom and fuck had any way a guy wants.
    She then said she prefers a Beta male for a long term relationship as she thinks they are more caring and less self centred. She knows a beta man will buy her gifts etc without expecting anything in return. An Alpha male wants something if he buys her gifts.
    She also enjoys sometimes being in control and knows she can do that with a Beta male and get him to do things she wants him to do. Also she can do anything she wants and he will agree to make her happy.

11. diesel#

diesel# Members

When times are easy, women seem to prefer beta “best friend” males, when times get tough, women prefer Alpha males as providers, protectors, etc...

That’s how I understand it anyways.

12. Arch Duke Ferdinand

Arch Duke Ferdinand Members

To all outward appearances I am a very aggressive in your face person. My whole life has been military and LEO and I am both big and scarred up enough on my face to look intimidating but I do bow down to my wife in all areas and obey her. I am a fucking train wreck personally and was full of anger and reckless behavior that almost cost me my marriage. When I had a mini breakdown about six months ago I submitted everything to her; finances, sex, what I do, everything. I do all of the housework, mechanic work etc and she runs a small business where I work for her. When we first started out we talked about how I would address her with me thinking she would just ask me to call her by her name but she asked me to use ma’am when addressing her so I do; even in public. I am not sissified nor desire to be punished like a child and there will be no chastity cages like I see when I looked it up. I have zero stress now and we are very happy with her leading the family and making most decisions. At first my wife held back and even though she felt empowered for the first time in our 26 year relationship she worried I would want to revert back. After a couple of months we both realize we could never go back. I am extremely happy under my wifes leadership and domination.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  13. Captain Scarlet

Nothing wrong with that and its not unusual for those who have power or had power in real life to relinquish those powers to another when it comes down to the bedroom . Your lucky having a dominant woman many guys would luv that . :)

Arch Duke Ferdinand likes this.
  14. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Visitor

I operate heavy equipment and run chainsaws and build things with wood work on my pickup truck I’m alpha all the way lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2021
  15. Arch Duke Ferdinand

We both are pretty assertive but my bullying wore her down to where she just usually gave in to keep the peace; now I obey her and both of us are much happier.

16. Arch Duke Ferdinand

I quite agree. For 26 years I realize I dominated my wife in most aspects of our life from turning on the radio or tv and listening to/watching what I chose to using our money (I am sole income from a generous pension) often for my own pleasure while my wife had to ask for money. I always just thought it was my due and that she was happy that way…she wasnt. I had a series of things happen in my life and I was getting so out of control with drinking, anger etc that I ended up submitting to the leadership and authority of my wife and I do obey her. However; my experience is that if you have to publicly claim being an alpha you probably are not. There is a lot of weird shit out there about female led relationships that I think is just fantasy and not appealing at all. Punishment is an example of a WTF to me; Im not a child. I also dont get the whole dress up or bdsm stuff; that is not us. I am also not interested in cuckholding; she would probably be receptive with the right guy but it would bother me. I do complete all of the housework and I work for my wife in her business but few would call me a beta; at least to my face. I say yes maam no maam to her, stand when she enters the room etc but thats more just good manners.

BiJoe and Captain Scarlet like this.
  17. BiJoe

BiJoe Newbie

18. Angela36

Angela36 Members

A L P H A

19. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Visitor

20. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Visitor