L.A. mayor Criminalizing Homelessness

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Toecutter, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like the Cambridge approach from the video. It's better to issue a court order for proactive treatment or proactive anything than to write a citation that's never going to get paid.

It's challenging to get excited about paying a citation; especially if you have your priorities upside down and backwards. & I think that criminalizing homelessness in effect making it unlawful to camp needs to be done - there's no denying that, BUT it needs to be done in a proactive way with an alternative to encampment already in place.

Where are they going to go?

3. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Put everyone on a bus and ship them to another city,
    “The city is now free of Homeless See how great we are at cleaning up the city”

(sarcasm off)

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

If Eric cant see them... They don't exist and if he can... They're breaking the law.

5. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

My views have changed because this is a fluid situation. Granted, being poor is not a crime, but shitting on a street is. Everyone is suppose to abide by a city’s codes and laws, and the homeless are not above the law. You can build all the housing necessary, but you can’t force people to move in.
    I am sympathetic to the homeless(anyone of us could be in that situation)

soulcompromise likes this.