Kurt Cobain

Discussion in 'Music' started by blindhobosam, Jan 1, 2005.

1. melonhead

melonhead Member

it's a shame that kurt's whore bitch wife had him shot. nirvana's next albums woulda been pretty good.
    nirvana was a strong band. for 3 guys, they made some good noise. i have all their albums and some live shit, etc.

THANK YOU, SOULREBEL51 for recognizing the genius who was SHANNON HOON.
    Shannon's worst lyrics were still better than Kurt's best.

peace.
    LP

2. gnombient

gnombient Member

way overrated, alive or dead.

3. somethingnew

somethingnew Member

You guys saying he was a druggy and that you are glad he is dead and going off on that crap are really close minded. Seem like the same type of people who would spit on someone who was homeless if you saw them on the street. Or maybe you wouldn't because it wouldn't be non conformist enough to you, like calling kurt cobain over rated.

4. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

R,I,P kurt Cobain

5. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

No, he shoudln't be shat all over cause he was an addict, fuckin a man, heroin makes you feel better than you ever should as a human, so I can see why people get addicted. It's just that when someone is an addict, the drug comes before anything. You can't focus on becoming a better songwriter/guitarist/vocalist anything, because you are a slave to the h-bomb.

6. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I wonder if the people who shit on Kurt for being "an addict" also shit on Hendrix, Joplin, Garcia, Dylan, and all the other awesome musicians who either died from or were addicted to drugs at some point.
    The fact that he was H addicted has nothing to do with anything.

7. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

Holy fuck. I love you, Chuck. :D

8. This_charming_man

This_charming_man Member

He was the jim morrison of his day, a hero to many with a serious lack of taste.

9. mebesideme

mebesideme Member

I think Kurt Cobain got lucky and played on his own style to become famous for that, not the quality of his music or lyrics. People just like him, his way. He was just charismatic.

10. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

if you really look at the evidence and the kind of man kurt was, and consider it long and hard...it's pretty obvious he killed himself. i mean, i used to be hard up on the murder theory. i was all into that shit, and it made so much sense to me. but, after reading some of the things i read on kurt (see my previous posts in this thread) i just don't see how a man that was so suicidal, and so hell bent on dying would end up being killed...if courtney really wanted him dead, which i still believe she did, she probably just would've done alot of things to push him over the edge. which i also believe she did. all in all though, i still think he did it himself.

also, it was pretty well known that kurt was growing tired of nirvana. he said it, people close to him said it, and everyone else was saying it. i don't think nirvana would have carried on for much longer. he wanted to move on to new musical ideas, and try new things, and he even said himself that he might have not been able to do that with nirvana. he was sick of "grunge" or "trash rock" or whatever, and he wanted to stop doing it. i think nirvana would've broke up soon, anyways, if he hadn't have died.

11. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

...very cool and very cute. I enjoyed Nirvana's music. :)

12. sweet smoke

sweet smoke Member

he'd have nice cardigans